UK Pensions

Started by Diasi, December 24, 2021, 03:37:34 PM

« previous - next »

Diasi

I posted this on the other PF forum but I've just found it again & doubt that our ranking has improved since 2018.

https://yhoo.it/33VEaIK

Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

Our state pension provision is indeed dire and I'm glad mine is boosted by a couple of private pensions. That said I was surprised to see that the Dutch state pension is pretty much the average wage. Not going to work saves you a lot of money on transport and maybe getting food and coffee out. Probably that explains why huge numbers of civil servants are only to happy to continue working from home while getting paid a London weighting.

Diasi

Aye, it's the UK State Pension being worse than Mexico's that I can't get my head round.

Mind you, it probably explains why the UK is able to afford to be very generous with foreign aid, emergency disaster relief funding, immigrant welfare etc.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

Not to mention nice hotels for the amateur sailors that turn up for their extended holidays.

Diasi

And able to afford to pay 50 quid a week extra State Pension for 10 years fewer NI contributions.

But a lot of that was paid for by robbing many of us male pensioners of the 50 quid a week adult dependent allowance for the Missus.
[email protected]