What a star..

Started by Scrumpy, January 12, 2023, 07:52:35 PM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

My 22 year old Peugeot passed her MoT today..
 She also had a Service.. New wipers for her face... a bit of oil here and a tweak there.. She sailed through..
  MoT 45 pounds.  Service 89 .45 pounds .. 
After all the bits and pieces plus VAT 27.79 pounds..
The total was 211.72 pounds..
I bought the car new from the garage and have used them since ..  I am so proud of her.
They picked her up and bought her back.. And they REVERSED her onto the drive.. Something I never attempt.. since brushing the school gates opposite.  :grin:
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Raven

klondike

Life in the old girl yet then.  :upvote:

Scrumpy

If only we could be serviced for 211. 72 pounds.. !
A bit of oil here and a tweak or two.. New eye washers.. suspension sorted so we didn't go off balance.. and lights that didn't dim..  Just a little bit of rust in places..  :clap: :yahoo:
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Diasi

Quote from: klondike on January 12, 2023, 08:21:01 PMLife in the old girl yet then.  :upvote:

Quote from: Raven on January 12, 2023, 07:57:31 PMWell Done Peugeot,  [1140]
We've got a 15-yr-old Peugeot 307 & for the 12 years we've had it it's not had a service, just the occasional engine oil / filter, air filter change.

Apart from that it's just had the normal wearable parts such as tyres, brake parts & wiper blades & one replacement battery.

The only other items were suspension parts caused by a couple of massive potholes on two occasions but that's not the fault of the car.

It still has the original clutch & exhaust system.

I'd drive the length of the UK in it if I needed to & wouldn't give it a second thought.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Michael Rolls

by and large, cars nowadays do seem to last longer than those of 40/50 years ago. Back around 1970 a workmate had a Simca - new - which virtually rusted before one's eyes. Time and again now I will see a smart looking car and realise that it is 10-15 - even 20 years old and still looks as new
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Raven

My old Yeti is a Ten Plate and is a great car, we have done many many miles together. Often just for the pleasure of driving her, I love 4x4s but this is the best one I've ever had.  :yay:  :yay:

Diasi

Quote from: Michael Rolls on January 13, 2023, 04:38:13 AMby and large, cars nowadays do seem to last longer than those of 40/50 years ago. Back around 1970 a workmate had a Simca - new - which virtually rusted before one's eyes. Time and again now I will see a smart looking car and realise that it is 10-15 - even 20 years old and still looks as new
Simca, the French Fiat, that's a blast from the past.

One of the advertising features of the Simca 1000 was that it had a 4-speed manual all-synchromesh gearbox.

Lol.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

I've been tempted into getting a low end new car in the hope it will last me out til I don't want another. Lead time is unfortunately 6 months. I went for a Dacia Sandero Stepway as they are a little higher than the Sandero so easier to get in and out of. Although I hated automatic initially in my current car I have got used to being lazy and chose it for this one.

January 13, 2023, 10:32:36 AM
Quote from: Diasi on January 13, 2023, 09:16:57 AMSimca, the French Fiat, that's a blast from the past.

One of the advertising features of the Simca 1000 was that it had a 4-speed manual all-synchromesh gearbox.

Lol.
I had a Simca. Like all my cars at the time it was bought with a year MOT and scrapped when it failed the next one. Think it was one on these. I recall it had a long bonnet and was very bouncy although that could have been dodgy shocks.

What I do recall about it was that the passenger side floor pan rusted out and flapped up and down. If it rained the passenger needed wellies on. I also discovered that trying to use an electric welder on rusty floor pans just made matters worse.

Alex

I'm sure my ex had a Simca once, it was a left hand drive.  Did they have a bench seat in the front ?   :grin:

Diasi

Quote from: Alex on January 13, 2023, 01:30:25 PMI'm sure my ex had a Simca once, it was a left hand drive.  Did they have a bench seat in the front ?  :grin:
Yes, that probably why he bought it. Lol.  :grin:
[email protected]