Football Question.

Started by Raven, March 17, 2023, 08:48:56 AM

« previous - next »

Raven

I was watching Breakfast TV first thing while I had my first coffee, and I see another club has fired it's manager. It seems to me that if the team plays badly or just doesn't win a certain game then out goes the manager.  :hmm: IMO, the manager can work the socks off the team in training and be good for them, but if they play badly it's the managers fault and out the poor sod goes.  :shocked:
My question is.... Why?

Michael Rolls

cheaper than sacking the players?
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Raven

God knows Mike, it's a real puzzle to me. I know it's the last job on earth I would want if I were a man. No job security at all, blamed for everything going wrong, despite doing your best for the club. Sacked at the drop of a hat or someone's whim. 😳 Seems crazy to me.

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Alex

I think when teams go on a long run of not winning, somebody has to take the blame and it's usually the manager.  More often than not it's the board of directors that doesn't give the manager the necessary funds to buy new players.  Teams have to be re-build, once players hit their 30s they slow down  :grin:

Diasi

Since the question's about football there won't be any sense to it.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Alex

Seems like a straightforward question to me