To all you Irish

Started by muddy, March 17, 2024, 07:40:28 AM

« previous - next »

GrannyMac

There's a Help for Heroes flag in one of the gardens near here.  I'd fly a Union Flag, because we'd need a George Cross and a Saltire. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 .
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Raven

We have had a Saltire flying at the farm for years, if folk don't like it, too bad.  :waiting:

klondike

I doubt anybody would be upset by a Saltire. The George cross got hijacked by the EDL and football hooligans. Flying one now carries the hint of racism. Especially to our many guests who associate it with the bloody crusades. 

JBR

Quote from: klondike on March 29, 2024, 02:50:12 PMI doubt anybody would be upset by a Saltire. The George cross got hijacked by the EDL and football hooligans. Flying one now carries the hint of racism. Especially to our many guests who associate it with the bloody crusades.

I wonder whether, if and when our police and authorities officially adopt a rainbow flag to represent England, the football yobs will then adopt that flag.

Somehow, I doubt it.

Well, at least it will then be possible to have a national flag which we'll still be able to retain and be proud of?
Er, well, perhaps not proud of, at least most of us anyway.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire