Bloody predictive text! Didn't notice - should be vraiment

Switch it off.  :smiley:

Alex

Predictive text don't do French ! :rolleyes:

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Raven

Saw this post on my other forum and it made me shriek with laughter. It fits right into this thread so I thought I'd share as it looks like the head boy/girl might just catch on.  :wink: :grin: :embarrassed:

1d
Yes! The TL3s are the new breed of Moderators in this new set up.
There are 35 of them.
It's a ludicrous situation.

This "TL" system amazes me; or should I say it amazes me that anyone goes along with it. Most of us are pensioners, for God's sake, but we are being expected to behave like primary school children. If you're a good boy/girl, you can collect all the spelling books up at the end of class and put them away in the cupboard.

I suggest that we have a head boy and a head girl instead of moderators; or what about prefects?

klondike

Quote from: Raven on March 24, 2022, 12:21:05 PM
or what about prefects?
Well I did offer  :grin:

crabbyob became head boy when he asked if he got a badge for being top thread starter.
Scrumpy got to be head girl when Alex suggested she should be after a successful video chat with crabbyob.

I take it you are talking about the Over 50s board.

===

I took a look. It seems there is plenty of discussion about it. Were there a lot of problems there then? It seems that there are now   :rolleyes:

Scrumpy

I certainly wouldn't be happy with Moderators or Head Boys/ Girls/ Prefects being in a position to tell us that we have stepped out of line..
Bossy people would have a field day...
There are enough of us on here who will put another straight..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

We discussed moderators. The concensus was there should be none. When it came to a test I decided that people need to self moderate by deleting anything they post and later regret themselves as I'm not prepared to do so. (There is a window of several days where that is possible. So far nobody has done so sfaik but of course they could have and I never noticed.

One of my complaints about PF was posts just vanishing which coupled with that forum's glitches at the time left you unsure if you'd posted something and it was deleted or it just hadn't worked. Admittedly not much confusion in my own case.   :evil:

Scrumpy

I used to tell Sparky that he was to go 'On the naughty step' but that was all in good fun..

klondike

You weren't Head Girl then though  :smiley:

Raven

Quote from: klondike on March 24, 2022, 12:30:29 PM
Well I did offer  :grin:

crabbyob became head boy when he asked if he got a badge for being top thread starter.
Scrumpy got to be head girl when Alex suggested she should be after a successful video chat with crabbyob.

I take it you are talking about the Over 50s board.

===

I took a look. It seems there is plenty of discussion about it. Were there a lot of problems there then? It seems that there are now   :rolleyes:

Yes it's the OFF. I was a regular on there untill the massive makeover, now I can't abide it, can't find any damn thing for a start. It used to be a war zone in the Political Threads before the change but nearly all of the loud mouths have left as they no longer like it there. BUT, there is an influx of new members and some are turning out to be very nasty indeed. They have chased several long term members off with their vicious posts. The 2 mods retired when the changeover came and these TL3s were fast tracked from day one, Azz asked for volunteers and got 35 of them, us older and wiser members kept stum.

Raven

Quote from: Scrumpy on March 24, 2022, 12:37:13 PM

I certainly wouldn't be happy with Moderators or Head Boys/ Girls/ Prefects being in a position to tell us that we have stepped out of line..
Bossy people would have a field day...
There are enough of us on here who will put another straight..

YEP. 

klondike

I was a very casual poster there but couldn't be bothered to learn how to use the new board software. Most small to medium boards use phpBB which is quite similar to this one. Why make things complex?

Scrumpy

Quote from: klondike on March 24, 2022, 12:46:36 PM
You weren't Head Girl then though  :smiley:
Even as Head Girl I would not tell another 'Off'.. But I would under the name of Scrumpy..
I had a great time with The Deep.. and Sciatico.. I told 'em.. I did..
I miss those days.. :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Raven

Quote from: klondike on March 24, 2022, 12:50:57 PM
I was a very casual poster there but couldn't be bothered to learn how to use the new board software. Most small to medium boards use phpBB which is quite similar to this one. Why make things complex?

Not one of the older/long term members understand the reason behind it. I joined that place back in July 2011 and it was so easy to use. There was so many sections but we all knew where everything was. A lot of us never posted in the Political Thread but boy did we read, it was hysterical at times, the arguments, the insults, there was no holds barred. I enjoyed the Scottish Threads and became good friends with several of them. I still visit there but just for a nose, as I did today and found that post from Harbel.
It was a very bad mistake to change that forum, it cost Azz a lot of members as very few liked it, and they have scattered to the winds now.....Shame.