Time travel..

Started by Scrumpy, April 03, 2024, 06:38:29 PM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

Over Easter I stayed at my daughters.
I always take my little wind up travel clock with me.. 
My granddaughter Hattie saw it in my bedroom when I was setting the time..She had never seen a wind up clock and thought it was 'cute'.. 
She was excited to set the time and wind it up..
She is in her twenties.. 
How quickly time has moved on..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Alex

Yes, these days everyone relies on their phones or Alexa ! :smiley:

JBR

Quote from: Alex on April 03, 2024, 07:25:20 PMYes, these days everyone relies on their phones or Alexa ! :smiley:
YOU are Alexa, and I claim my £50!
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Scrumpy

Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

Quote from: Alex on April 03, 2024, 07:25:20 PMYes, these days everyone relies on their phones or Alexa ! :smiley:
Alexa is better in the middle of the night. No fiddling and no light.

JBR

Alexa seems to be getting everywhere.

I recently bought a new car camera (Nextbase) for the new car we're getting in June, and found out that it also can have Alexa in it.  I assume that you can tell the camera to begin recording, etc, etc, though obviously I haven't tried it yet.

Diasi

We've got the Nextbase 522GW that has the SOS & Alexa functions.

The SOS function I don't want to use & the Alexa function I don't need to use as the Alexa app in my smartphone automatically changes to driving mode when the Nextbase connects to it.

Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

JBR

Quote from: Diasi on April 04, 2024, 12:09:13 PMWe've got the Nextbase 522GW that has the SOS & Alexa functions.

The SOS function I don't want to use & the Alexa function I don't need to use as the Alexa app in my smartphone automatically changes to driving mode when the Nextbase connects to it.

Snap!  I got a 522GW too.  Yes, what you describe (more accurately than I did) is what I meant regarding Alexa.

Incidentally, I also bought a rear view camera which plugs into the 522GW, to avoid the need to run a cable all the way from front to back.  I have yet to see where best to place the pair in order to obtain a good view to the rear through the back window.