Madeleine McCann

Started by Alex, Today at 08:23:28 AM

« previous - next »

Alex

I can't imagine how her parents must feel, there can be nothing worse than losing a child, but for the McCanns the ' not knowing ' makes it even worse.   Having said that, it's now 17 years since she disappeared and this week another £192,000 of Government funding was granted so the search can continue.

My heart tells me never give up hope of finding Maddie, but my head tells me she is dead and enough is enough.

Scrumpy

The misery and heartbreak of losing a child under these circumstances must be a living hell..
There have been other children taken from their parents whilst holidaying abroad..
They make the news for a while then forgotten..
Children go missing in this country...

The McCanns fight tirelessly to keep the case open and in the headlines... but... It should not be at a cost to the taxpayer.. 
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Diasi

Quote from: Scrumpy on Today at 09:18:04 AMThe misery and heartbreak of losing a child under these circumstances must be a living hell..

What circumstances were they?
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Scrumpy

Quote from: Diasi on Today at 09:28:10 AMWhat circumstances were they?
Taken whilst on holiday... !!!!!!!!!!

I am surprised that you ask.. I thought most people knew of the case..
It made much publicity..

klondike

Quote from: Diasi on Today at 09:28:10 AMWhat circumstances were they?
Pretty much those laid out by Goncalo Amaral at the time IMO. As you well know.

Mups

Quote from: Scrumpy on Today at 09:18:04 AMThe misery and heartbreak of losing a child under these circumstances must be a living hell..
There have been other children taken from their parents whilst holidaying abroad..
They make the news for a while then forgotten..
Children go missing in this country...

The McCanns fight tirelessly to keep the case open and in the headlines... but... It should not be at a cost to the taxpayer..

I wonder why this sad case has always received loads more publicity and money spent than  other missing children though?
I don't remember any other abducted children ever being in the news as much?

Apparently there were   1,122  kids abducted in England & Wales in 22/23,   and this number is increasing,  yet we rarely hear a word about them.   Why not?

To be honest, if one of those other kids was mine, I could easily start feeling very resentful over such  long term publicity and preferential treatment.

Is that unkind?

klondike

There is a lot of mystery surrounding the McCann case. 

Mups

Quote from: klondike on Today at 10:13:00 AMThere is a lot of mystery surrounding the McCann case.

But surely there is mystery when any child has been stolen?

I do happen to believe someone will solve the McCann's case eventually though.

klondike

There are lots of people believe the case was solved years ago.

This was done to death either here or on PF in the past. Diasi provided me with a huge amount of material that people had amassed on the case. Enough to convince me that Goncalo Amaral had it pretty much stitched up with possibly some variations on timelines. I'm not going to go over the affair again but don't expect the UK police investigation to turn anything up or the Germans to pin it on their perv either imo.

Here's a starter. Only 4 hours :grin: Lots more out there from a variety of sources.

As you may know the McCanns are very litigous. Given that how is this still available? Don't forget that they lost their defamation case against Goncalo Amaral on appeal

Scrumpy

This case will pop up again and again on many forums..  
Simply because it is kept alive by the media..
Quote from: Mups on Today at 10:10:00 AMI wonder why this sad case has always received loads more publicity and money spent than  other missing children though?
I don't remember any other abducted children ever being in the news as much?

Apparently there were  1,122  kids abducted in England & Wales in 22/23,  and this number is increasing,  yet we rarely hear a word about them.  Why not?

To be honest, if one of those other kids was mine, I could easily start feeling very resentful over such  long term publicity and preferential treatment.

Is that unkind?
No.. not unkind.. 
When others who have experienced the same misery read , yet again, about this case  they must wonder why the loss of their child doesn't warrant the same publicity..

I would like to know who approved the 192,000 Government funding.. 
How come the McCann's are awarded this.. ?

Cassandra

Quote from: Scrumpy on Today at 01:41:49 PMThis case will pop up again and again on many forums.. 
Simply because it is kept alive by the media.. No.. not unkind..
When others who have experienced the same misery read , yet again, about this case  they must wonder why the loss of their child doesn't warrant the same publicity..

I would like to know who approved the 192,000 Government funding..
How come the McCann's are awarded this.. ?

Because as pompous self appreciating GP's they have connections in the right places, who ignore the fact they left their child unattended, whilst they went out on the piss ...
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Scrumpy

Once again Cassandra comes out with the right words..
 Straight to the point.. no holding back.. x

klondike

He missed out the important bit though...

and then hid the consequences and shouted abduction.