Good Morning, Whatcha Up To The Day?

Started by Raven, December 15, 2021, 12:33:18 PM

« previous - next »

GrannyMac

Off to B&Q with OH for some gardening bits. Charity shop shift. Sit in the garden with wine. 🥂🪴☺️
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

I made some mods to my house electrics but best not give any details  :grin:

Alex

Quote from: GrannyMac on May 21, 2023, 09:13:18 PMLight gardening, then sitting in said garden, with a book and a cold drink. The clematis is pretty at the moment.

I've never had any luck with Clematis, I've killed at least 2 of them. :sad:

klondike

They are pretty hardy and grow like weeds. I think you should risk another try. Maybe look up stuff like soil types and preferred aspects and all that technical guff. Or just bung one in and hope.

Scrumpy

Quote from: klondike on May 22, 2023, 09:20:03 AMI made some mods to my house electrics but best not give any details  :grin:
:grin: :grin: :grin: best stay shtum.
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Scrumpy

There is a beautiful clematis that grows over an old apple tree in my neighbours garden..

klondike

Sometime around now one variety produces tons of white candy floss like seeds (I assume). I've had one in a different house and my neighbours had one which he fetched down as it had grown all over the back gate which only got used once in a blue moon.

Alex

klondike

Never had them in pots. Usually in borders so they can grow over fences on trellis and the like. Things in pots can often have problems with water be it too much or not enough.

Michael Rolls

Veronica planted a couple in the back against the trellis, one white, one pink - each time they come into blossom, they are a particularly poignant reminder of her - she loved them
[email protected]

GrannyMac

Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Michael Rolls

[email protected]

Scrumpy

Clematis like to roam.. I love them.. They can hide an ugly fence..
My Wisteria has blossomed for the first time this year..

Raven

Morning, Lovely here since first thing. Off to the beach shortly with Dageus. Then into the village garden centre for a few bits n pieces. Hopefully I'll have enough energy to do some planting out when I get back. A sleep after lunch and out to the Ferry Inn for dinner tonight.
Dageus is fair chuffed as one of the sliding doors is open and he's on guard/snoozing in the warmth.  :smiley: