I'm in a right pickle.

Started by Raven, January 03, 2023, 06:16:02 PM

« previous - next »

Sheila

Quote from: Scrumpy on January 07, 2023, 06:18:36 PMHi Raven .. I hope today is a better day for you.. x

That's why I am visiting too.  I hope you are not in as much pain today Raven.

Raven

Evening guys,today was horrible, feel sick, dizzy and like I'm going to pass out. I was tested for covid and other infections, seems ok but tomorrow it's scans for blood clots.The Doctors are great but the nurses are real bullies,shoving you to do things before your ready not everyone heals at the same time and not everyone can do what they want when they want.

klondike

I can't see anybody being healed in a couple of days and when you get older things do take longer. 

It looks like you may not be getting plastered up which if that is the case will spare you crutches which are no fun at all. 

Raven

I have never used crutches before, when my knees were done it was a  zimmer then walking sticks. I will get back to them as soon as possible.

klondike

I had them for 8 weeks when I bust my Achilles. I was working in London at the time. The tube was no fun at all. Mind you nothing is. I can well understand why the disabled sometimes moan. the world is designed entirely for the able bodied.

Raven

Your not wrong there, and nothing is done untill someone high up has a problem and suddenly finds out how hard everything is.

GrannyMac

I hope you get some sleep, and your leg feels a bit better tomorrow Raven.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Michael Rolls

here's hoping for a better day for you, Raven
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Raven

Morning, Had quite a good night so that helps, they also took the Brace off and that feels good I'm able to wriggle the leg about a bit now, but still very swollen.

Scrumpy

Quote from: Scrumpy on January 05, 2023, 08:46:14 AMWas it black ice !! eh!!
Did you have to wait for an ambulance.. ?  and how long waiting to be seen and getting a bed..?
Down here you would still be laying in the ambulance..

I do hope all goes well.. It would seem that your treatment has been wonderful...

Hi Raven.. Everything looks more promising for you ....
  Tell us about your experience with getting an ambulance.. I'm interested..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Michael Rolls

looks like things are improving - may it continue!
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

Yes looking hopeful. Good luck.

Raven

Ambulance was just over an hours wait. In the rain too. I was given a padded jacket to put under my shoulder to help with the pain of lying on stone chips. The ambulance boys got me high on gas and air then gave me a heavy dose of painkiller. They had to reset the leg,I that had me screaming and in tears. But they were soooo nice.

Alex

Geez Raven what a time you're having. 
Today looks a bit better for you, so improvement from here on let's hope  :upvote:  Chin up girl

Raven