I'm in a right pickle.

Started by Raven, January 03, 2023, 06:16:02 PM

« previous - next »

Michael Rolls

Glad to hear that the op is behind you, Raven - here's hoping for speedy progress
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Jacqueline

So pleased to hear you are past the worst bit the op. now you need to relax, be patient and soon you will be back on your feet.  And wear those ice grip boots next time!!!

GrannyMac

What Jacq says!  The time will soon pass and you'll be walking Dageus again in less dangerous conditions!
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Sheila

I hope the visit from the surgeon is positive.  Get well soon Raven.

Raven

It seems my body was having bother with the stuff that keeps you awake during an op.They had to put me out for it, I have a 10inch nail in the bone beside the tibia,and a 10 hole metal plate on the other side holding everything together. I was in recovery for hours as I was in too much pain, and they kept putting me out again. Had a sore day, feeling pretty rotten.

klondike

Do you know yet if the repair work is the final job? 

I've never had anything like that so no idea how long you are likely to be in pain. Hopefully they will be able to control it soon though.

Raven

I have had a lot of morphine and no food since Tuesday when I did this. Just a lot of water. I think it's all repaired now.

klondike

I hope so. 

Any idea how long you'll be in plaster? When I busted my achilles it was 8 weeks and I doubt yours will be less and maybe more. I could walk straight away but did get a bit of physio. Fair bit of muscle wastage too.

Raven

I have a different support now, it's a black one with straps. I can't handle the pain from trying to stand, it's agony putting any weight on it. If I'm moved across the bed I have to get the leg lifted very slowly and supported. My legs about 3 times it's size and the pain is awful, really pulling me down. I feel like bawling my eyes out at times. It's much sorer than my knee replacements were.

Michael Rolls

you really are going through it, Raven. I do hope the pain eases soon - it is so wearing
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

I'm surprised you are trying to put any weight on it yet although I have zero experience of this type of injury. Hope the pain eases soon too. 

Diasi

It's painful just thinking about it.

Living on my own, with the Yorkie & three cats to look after, I'd be absolutely banjaxed if that happened to me.

I hope your recovery goes well & the pain is only short term.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Flying Bomb

Sorry to hear about this and all the pain you are suffering.
I never go out now if there is ice about.

Alex

Sending you good wishes Raven, hope you start to feel a little better soon.

[/url]

Scrumpy

Hi Raven .. I hope today is a better day for you.. x
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..