Pool Walking not Swimming.

Started by Raven, January 12, 2023, 10:35:36 PM

« previous - next »

Raven

Once I can return to a pool I will have to become a pool walker instead of swimming. Building it up gradually. As I will be in Perth for a good while I will rejoin the Health Club as the pool has walk down steps and hand rail. One of their Jacuzzis is walk in from the pool so I can rest there when needed.....Decision one of my life changes made.
Was talking to my sis in auz today and she has changed her whole back garden into a pool.....Wonderful, lucky her. What a place to do my exercises and pool walking.

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

GrannyMac

Is she in Scotland Raven?  My son's house has a pool, put in by previous owners.  It's fabulous in the summer, but it costs a lot to heat.  Glad you've a local pool that is suitable when you start your new journey.

The pool I go to is closing for repairs next month. I've hardly been to aqua aerobics this year, but I'll really miss it because its so local. There is another one where I can use my membership, but its much further.  
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Diasi

Quote from: GrannyMac on January 13, 2023, 07:35:05 AMIs she in Scotland Raven?  My son's house has a pool, put in by previous owners.  It's fabulous in the summer, but it costs a lot to heat.  Glad you've a local pool that is suitable when you start your new journey.

The pool I go to is closing for repairs next month. I've hardly been to aqua aerobics this year, but I'll really miss it because its so local. There is another one where I can use my membership, but its much further. 
According to Raven her sister's in Australia.

And it shows why any ethnic Brit youngster with a brain cell should try to emigrate there.

Of course, the dole scroungers need not apply as they won't be accepted.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Raven

Yes she is quiet near Sydney Harbour, you can see the Opera House in the distance from her place. She went out as A Ten Pound Pom back in the 60s. Del's the 2nd oldest of us 4 and a good few years older than me.

Diasi

My parents brought me up to be steady & reliable so although I thought about emigrating, I never did.

The Australian £10 Pom immigration officers used to visit the Labour Exchanges (Job Centres as they are now called) to interview people who were interested & drum up custom from those who hadn't even thought about emigrating.

I wish I'd listened to them, when they were giving me the sell, & made the move.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Alex

When I was first married at 19 we thought about emigrating to Canada, I wouldn't entertain Australia because of the spiders and snakes.   We didn't go in the end as hubby got a good job and we bought our first house.

GrannyMac

So did we Alex, lots of Scots in Canada, including an older cousin. We ended up in Doncaster instead!   :wtf:

Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Michael Rolls

two of mum's siblings, one brother, one sister, emigrated to Oz and reckoned it was the best thing that they ever did
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Diasi

Quote from: Michael Rolls on January 13, 2023, 08:26:14 PMtwo of mum's siblings, one brother, one sister, emigrated to Oz and reckoned it was the best thing that they ever did
Mike
I've often thought that steady & reliable equals a wasted life.
[email protected]