One Sentence That Describes Why Modern Policing is Rubbish

Started by Diasi, January 08, 2023, 08:34:12 AM

« previous - next »

Diasi

"McNee had been the last to reach the top job in the Met having graduated from the beat rather than university.
Sir David was a policeman's policeman. He had worked his way up through the ranks, and because he understood the challenges from the bottom to the top, he was respected and admired."

It can also be applied to so many of those in other top public sector jobs.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

GrannyMac

I agree Diasi. My DI nephew, although never reaching the heights of McNee, has just retired from the police at 50. He joined as a young man, from a tough background, who'd served his time as a joiner. He loved being a copper until quite recently. Fortunately he has a trade he could return to, no shortage of work there, and no hierarchical crap to deal with.

Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Alex

Time was when police recruits were taken from ex services, men who had seen a bit of life and not even sniffed a university hall.   All gone, how do we change things  ?

Ashy

I think it's the same in many walks of life, to get to the top you have to start several floors up.

Diasi

Quote from: Ashy on January 08, 2023, 12:56:00 PMI think it's the same in many walks of life, to get to the top you have to start several floors up.
And just like buildings, it's the lower floors that are the strongest & which support the top floors.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

1955vintage

Since Blair decided to expand the university intake to anyone with a Blue Peter badge, graduate intake is not what it was 40+ years ago. Three years of woke debt building.
The problem with being retired is that you never get a day off