No posts

Started by Michael Rolls, January 22, 2022, 10:10:33 PM

« previous - next »

Michael Rolls

Tomorrow will be Veronica's fourth anniversary, so a day of quiet reflection. I won't post tomorrow as the light-hearted entertainment I get on here doesn't seem appropriate for such a day. All being well, normal service will be resumed on the 24th.
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

Understood Mike. Best wishes.

zoony

Alex

See you Monday Mike x

hugh

I really feel sorry for Mike. How can two men be so different Mike suffers for her loss which is understandable, I feel Yvonne's spirits still with me, and I am doing what I am told, and getting on with enjoying life which she would expect of me.
Happy Golfer

Raven

Quote from: hugh on January 23, 2022, 07:44:00 AM
I really feel sorry for Mike. How can two men be so different Mike suffers for her loss which is understandable, I feel Yvonne's spirits still with me, and I am doing what I am told, and getting on with enjoying life which she would expect of me.

I agree with you totally. You all may think I'm cruel but I don't mean to be. I simply feel it's past time to be getting on with things. Sitting all day feeling bad is not good for you. She will never be forgotten, and will always live in his heart, but I'm pretty sure she wouldn't want him to be like this.  :cry:

klondike

He is not alone. I looked in on PF yesterday on a thread there on the subject of loss and found much of what I read quite depressing. Everybody deals with these things in their own way.

hugh

Several members of the PF have lost their partners in the last 12 months which was a very difficult time. I am not a church attender but have a Christian belief which may be the reason the way I am.
Happy Golfer

Scrumpy

I think we all deal with grief in our own way.. I am a private person when it comes to my feelings and would just quietly do my own thing..
I think it depends on our personality too..
See you on Monday Michael..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

alfred

our thought are with you mike,

Michael Rolls

Thanks for the support, folks. Very much appreciated. Yes, we all deal with loss in our own way, the best that we can. I remember reading – may even have been on PF - of a chap who, when his wife died, threw out all her clothes and mementoes, redecorated the house from top to bottom, rearranged the garden, even changed the car so there were no upsetting memories left.
I am the complete opposite. All Veronica's clothes, the patchwork she enjoyed doing, her Hummel figures, her teddy bear collection, are still here and will remain to keep her as alive as possible in my mind. They don't upset me, not in the slightest, but help.
Spent yesterday in quiet contemplation, going through holiday photos and the like. Now I am entering the fifth year without her; on that awful day, never for a moment did I imagine that I would still be here four years on, but it is what it is.
Thanks again
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

hugh

Like you Mike my home is unchanged.
Happy Golfer