Well Done NHS Scotland.

Started by Diasi, March 29, 2024, 09:24:17 AM

« previous - next »

Diasi

Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

Terrible. Probably not an outlier case I fear though.

The NHS is pretty much broken even with all the new diversity and inclusion managers.

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

JBR

Quote from: klondike on March 29, 2024, 09:39:29 AMTerrible. Probably not an outlier case I fear though.

The NHS is pretty much broken even with all the new diversity and inclusion managers.
I'm sure that is the root cause of today's problems.
Diversity and inclusion.
It attempts to make employment for certain specific people easier, but there are a couple of problems:

1.  Like a broken computer, it ensures employment of non-white British and 'transgenders' in a pre-determined proportion regardless of ability and qualifications, in an attempt to appear to support 'equality'.

2.  It necessitates the provision of a vast army of pen-pushers to operate this system, who benefit from generous payments which could be better spent on more qualified clinical staff.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Alex

That's so sad, I can't imagine how her mother is feeling.  I hope she sues them, the more publicity the better.

Silver Tabby

Quote from: JBR on March 29, 2024, 10:38:01 AMI'm sure that is the root cause of today's problems.
Diversity and inclusion.
It attempts to make employment for certain specific people easier, but there are a couple of problems:

1.  Like a broken computer, it ensures employment of non-white British and 'transgenders' in a pre-determined proportion regardless of ability and qualifications, in an attempt to appear to support 'equality'.

2.  It necessitates the provision of a vast army of pen-pushers to operate this system, who benefit from generous payments which could be better spent on more qualified clinical staff.

'They'  should never have abolished Hospital Management Committees in favour of individual 'Trusts'.  I worked for the NHS for many, many years - and took early retirement to escape!

JBR

Quote from: Silver Tabby on March 29, 2024, 12:32:15 PM'They'  should never have abolished Hospital Management Committees in favour of individual 'Trusts'.  I worked for the NHS for many, many years - and took early retirement to escape!

I'm not sure about the composition or numbers of Hospital Management Committees, but I'd bet that they were smaller and more efficient than the expanded numbers now running the 'health trusts' and other such organisations that exist now.

Neither would they have been preoccupied with the many trendy ideas we now seem to pay through the nose for.

When I worked in the NHS, in a hospital X-ray department, we were run by a few consultant radiologists and a senior superintendent radiographer.  A relatively small number of people.
Above them there were, of course, an unknown number of administrators who we never saw but, presumably, assigned the necessary finances to run the department and, presumably, involved themselves in such things as insurance and legal things.

Again, I have no idea of their numbers, but I suspect that there will now be far more such people benefiting from generous salaries, who spend their time in meetings and making decisions what to spend and where to spend it, and beneath them perhaps an even larger number of clerks and other pen-pushers whose job is to make telephone calls, enter information on to computers and, yes even today, shuffle papers around.

I was, last year, ignored after my optometrist sent an urgent referral to the Manchester Royal Eye Hospital which, yes, was not processed.  I contacted them after having paid to be seen privately in another hospital and, eventually, was informed that the referral had been lost.  It seems that the vast army of pen-pushers, despite their number, were incapable of processing a simple, urgent, referral.

Raven

Disgusting way to treat people, hope the NHS is proud of it's self.  :cry:

GrannyMac

Appalling state of affairs.  
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Diasi

Quote from: JBR on March 29, 2024, 12:49:18 PMI was, last year, ignored after my optometrist sent an urgent referral to the Manchester Royal Eye Hospital which, yes, was not processed.  I contacted them after having paid to be seen privately in another hospital and, eventually, was informed that the referral had been lost.  It seems that the vast army of pen-pushers, despite their number, were incapable of processing a simple, urgent, referral.
Well the chances of your referral being lost is directly proportional to the number of people through which it has to pass before it reaches the person who'll actually do the job.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

JBR

Quote from: Diasi on March 31, 2024, 08:31:57 AMWell the chances of your referral being lost is directly proportional to the number of people through which it has to pass before it reaches the person who'll actually do the job.
Indeed.
I was told, in their reply, that the person responsible "is no longer working for them".

I did, in my complaint, suggest that they might like to refund the £300 I paid to be seen privately, but they chose not to reply.