Queen

Started by Sheila, September 03, 2022, 06:26:32 PM

« previous - next »

Sheila

I'm watching a Queen documentary on Sky Arts at the moment.  I don't think I have seen this one before so that's me happy.  Paul has disappeared to the conservatory with his book!

Alex

You mean the band Sheila  :grin:  :grin: Not my cup of tea, but my cousin is a big fan of their music.  Adam Lambert is the fella she's been to see and said he's great, have you  seen him ?

https://queenadamlambert2022.com/

Sheila

Yes, I've seen Adam Lambert and he is good.  I saw Queen live twice in the 70s at The Empire in Liverpool.  I couldn't hear as I walked back to Central Station but what an experience and the venue was so much better than the modern Echo Arena monstrosity.

They went onto the stage at Live Aid without the usual sound checks etc. and (Freddie) stole the show.

Sheila

All the brainwashing that my daughters received when they were little has paid off!  My youngest went to the Foo Fighters tribute last night and she has sent me videos of the Queen performance!  Obviously not Freddie, but still enjoyable.  It looks as though there was quite a line up, Cliff Richard, Elton John etc.

Alex

" All the brainwashing that my daughters received when they were little has paid off!  "

:grin:  :grin:  :grin:

Scrumpy

I love Queen.. Freddie Mercury pulls at my heart strings.. 
 My grandchildren know his music 🎶 
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..