P C Silliness !

Started by Silver Tabby, Yesterday at 12:19:12 AM

« previous - next »

dextrous63

Quote from: Mups on Today at 03:11:54 PMYes,  I agree, JBR.  It's like a new hobby for some people.
I find your comment offensive.

JBR

I feel that I am somehow missing out here.

I received, today, a letter which has the name: 'Cyfeiriad Dychwelyd' on the back of the envelope.
Having absolutely no idea who the sender may have been (some foreigner I suppose), I hesitated to open it.  In fact, it is still lying next to me unopened and I am beginning to feel frightened of what I might find inside it.

To be perfectly honest, I find these scare tactics offensive.
I could, I suppose, write a letter of complaint to the provided address, but who knows what retribution they (whoever they are) might take.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

klondike

Just write on the front UNKNOWN AT THIS ADDRESS and bung it in a postbox. Alternately bung it in the recycling. I assume you know that Cyfeiriad Dychwelyd is Welsh for return address.

dextrous63

JB, it may be the Welsh Presbyterian Church issuing its final warning to you regarding your unwillingness to subscribe to the Treorchy Male Singers.

I'd strongly recommend that you avoid travelling west for a while.  Even Cheshire Oaks may be an outpost for their snipers.

Today at 06:16:03 PM
Quote from: klondike on Today at 06:13:54 PMJust write on the front UNKNOWN AT THIS ADDRESS and bung it in a postbox. Alternately bung it in the recycling. I assume you know that Cyfeiriad Dychwelyd is Welsh for return address.
Unwise.  They'll get hold of his DNA if he returns it.

klondike

I suppose it could be a car tax reminder from the DVLA and it got stuffed in the wrong envelope.

JBR

You mean it's from somewhere in Wales?
Oh dear.  They are dangerous people, and they all speak in some incomprehensible tongue so you can't tell what they're planning to do next.

I think I'd better burn it before they somehow trace its whereabouts.

Today at 06:34:05 PM
Hang on!
Marge has just rescued it before it caught fire.

It seems to be a cheque for £135, a refund for car tax as we bought a new car this time last week and this seems to be in respect of our old car we put in part exchange.  Phew!

Why these people can't write in English, God only knows?
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire