what about the pensioners.

Started by alfred, April 22, 2022, 07:55:09 AM

« previous - next »

Raven

I very much doubt that the SNP are the slightest bit interested in having power south of the boarder. They want away from Westminster to an independent Scotland.

klondike

True but they need the "permission" of Westminster to hold a referendum and forming a coalition with Labour with that as the price IMO represents their best chance of gaining one.

The Tories have little chance of fixing the big upcoming problems of soaring energy prices, returning inflation and a close to useless NHS before the next election. Johnson is regarded as a liar by over half the population and probably half of his own party too. The May council elections are likely to offer no comfort at all to the huge numbers of new Tory MPs with twitching buttocks when then consider their chances of planting them on the green leather seats after the next election. With Partygate looking to continue for months there is a good chance they will bin Boris as an electoral liability before considering they have nobody remotely popular in their ranks. Interesting times aheadd.

Raven

To be perfectly honest I'm fed up with the whole lot of them, SNP included. I may waste my vote this time by voting for Alba.
Nicola said if she doesn't get independence this time she will leave. I can just see Mike Rolls doing cartwheels down his road.

klondike

Cameron cheated her out of the last one for sure with bribes that sounded good but probaby amounted to little. I don't follow this issue but doubtless you do. You must have some idea that is not influenced by your dreams on the chances of first getting a referendum and second winning it if you do.

crabbyob

yes folks lose sight in their rambles
to be the PM she needs a seat in the house, is she ever likely to be one of those...erm no she would never stand as that would remove her perceived crown
no we would be stuck wi the wee poser we have to listen to now 

klondike

Quote from: crabbyob on April 23, 2022, 09:14:06 AM
yes folks lose sight in their rambles
to be the PM she needs a seat in the house
I didn't see anybody suggesting she may be PM. You are the first to mention that.

Alex

My thought was if indeed there is a coalition between Labour and SNP then the SNP isn't going to want Ian Blackford as Deputy Prime Minister are they ? or are they

Sturgeon is as bad as Boris, what about "Ferrygate"? the only difference is the Scottish media doesn't go after her like the English media hounds Boris..

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Raven

The STV News programmes have been having a right go at Nicola over the ferries. Everytime I watch there's another person being interviewed about it.
I don't pretend to understand the ins and outs of it all but I do know these are the wrong kind of ferries, the islanders wanted and need smaller ones, and more of them so there can be proper regular sailings. They were against these two massive boats from the start, but nobody would listen to them, after all they are only the people who live on the islands and know what's needed.

klondike

Do you ever use any of them?

Quote from: Raven on April 23, 2022, 01:35:24 PM
the islanders wanted and need smaller ones, and more of them so there can be proper regular sailings.
I think Border Force Dover have some in stock...

Raven

Not Cal Mac unless I'm heading over to the Western Isles. The ferries up here are North Link and serve the Orkneys and Shetland Isles, I have used them a fair few times.

crabbyob

i on the other hand used the bus
all the better to leach off england if yer actually there [2090]

klondike

Oddly if you visit either country for a holiday you won't be able to use your bus pass.

On the subject of bus pass users leaching I would argue that they cost nothing. Often in the day the vast majority of passengers are us geriatrics flashing out free passes. If we were not on those buses (and many wouldn't be if they got charged) they would still be running but getting a different subsisdy. All pensioners bus passes are is an alternate way of subsidising the buses which would happen anyway. Local councils who cut bus services soon become the local opposition party.

Raven