Inflation

Started by klondike, February 04, 2022, 10:12:30 AM

« previous - next »

Raven

I don't think random stops should be allowed if they are not giving everyone a receipt. As others say, a good reason only should be the rule now. When I was working in the Supermarkets it was that way, I wonder when/why it changed.  :hmm: I always get a receipt and now I'm glad I do. I'll ask in Asda tomorrow when I go for a few things and see what their excuse is.  :nooo:

Alex

Has anyone tried the SmartShop scan and bag thinggy  ?  I tried it at Sainsburys but I was worried I'd put an item in the trolley without 'pinging' it  :grin: :grin: I didn't, but I could have.

Imagine the headlines "Pensioner Arrested in Self Shop Scan Scam "  :rofl: try saying that headline after a couple of voddies ......

klondike

I've used that system in Tesco. It saves time and you end up with nicely packed bags.

Jacqueline

Quote from: Alex on February 07, 2022, 04:29:20 PM
Has anyone tried the SmartShop scan and bag thinggy  ?  I tried it at Sainsburys but I was worried I'd put an item in the trolley without 'pinging' it  :grin: :grin: I didn't, but I could have.

Imagine the headlines "Pensioner Arrested in Self Shop Scan Scam "  :rofl: try saying that headline after a couple of voddies ......

We were in Asda last week (I rarely go to Asda after the fiasco of being stopped but wanted their Shades loos rolls). There were the normal DIY tills plus three real checkouts, then there was half a dozen of the type of ones you are talking of Alex.  While we were all queueing for a real checkout, three members of staff were standing around these Scan Scam things doing nothing, only one young woman walked through with a phonelike thingey in all the time we were waiting.

I know the supermarkets want us all to checkout our shopping ourselves to save the wages of checkout staff, but a hell of a lot of people want to be treated like a proper customer and have our shopping checked out by a member of staff, the three staff wasting time standing around could have manned the tills.  Supermarkets are forcing us to use these cursed machines, I have had enough mistakes made in pricing on a normal checkout, would get in a right old muddle on a Scan Scam thingy.   

Jacqueline

Quote from: klondike on February 07, 2022, 04:36:01 PM
I've used that system in Tesco. It saves time and you end up with nicely packed bags.

Sorry not familiar with these, who packs your bags then klondike? the machine?

Alex

klondike

Quote from: Jacqueline on February 07, 2022, 04:50:17 PM
Sorry not familiar with these, who packs your bags then klondike? the machine?
Now are you taking one or shall I answer. Soddit I'll answer..

At a traditional checkout with a queue of many waiting on you to clear the area there is a moral obligation not to take all day packing your bags.

When you go round the store picking stuff off the shelves, scanning it and putting it into your bags in the trolly there is plenty of time to make sure you don't pile a load of tin cans on top of your loaf of bread etc. etc. Then you shove your trolley to a usually vacant machine where you signal end of trip, upload the purchase details and pay. The store staff there are to certify you are over 18 if buying plonk and remove the tags from anything with them. In the couple of minutes it takes to go through you can look smugly at all the silly buggers who prefer personal service waiting in the queues to get some. They'll probably still be there as you drive out of the car park.

:smug:

Lidl don't do it as they assume all their customers are on the rob. Tesco can afford to as with their prices it doesn't matter if half are.

Scrumpy

I don't mind standing and waiting.. I always find someone to chat to.. Much better than rushing off home to talk to Alexa.. !!  :grin:
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Jacqueline

Quote from: klondike on February 07, 2022, 06:05:21 PM
Now are you taking one or shall I answer. Soddit I'll answer..

At a traditional checkout with a queue of many waiting on you to clear the area there is a moral obligation not to take all day packing your bags.

When you go round the store picking stuff off the shelves, scanning it and putting it into your bags in the trolly there is plenty of time to make sure you don't pile a load of tin cans on top of your loaf of bread etc. etc. Then you shove your trolley to a usually vacant machine where you signal end of trip, upload the purchase details and pay. The store staff there are to certify you are over 18 if buying plonk and remove the tags from anything with them. In the couple of minutes it takes to go through you can look smugly at all the silly buggers who prefer personal service waiting in the queues to get some. They'll probably still be there as you drive out of the car park.

:smug:

Lidl don't do it as they assume all their customers are on the rob. Tesco can afford to as with their prices it doesn't matter if half are.

I am not taking one honest! the old dinosaur I am honestly don't know how these things work, so you are putting your stuff into the bags as you go, right, now I know, I am the personal service silly bugger who is left in the queue :cry: :cry: :cry:

Scrumpy

Find someone to chat to Jacqueline..
You would be surprised what you learn.. Some people are well interesting..some are boring.. You take your chance...

klondike

Tricky finding anybody in the queue at Lidl that speaks English.... :sad:

Scrumpy

So... learn a language while you queue.. :grin:

klondike

I don't go when the queues are that long  :smiley:

Jacqueline

Just off to do my shopping now, hopefully Aldi will be empty.

GrannyMac

Quote from: klondike on February 07, 2022, 06:37:18 PM
Tricky finding anybody in the queue at Lidl that speaks English.... :sad:

The guy in front of me last time I was in Lidl had two duvets and an angle grinder as well as groceries.  The middle of Lidl!  :clap:
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖