Frustrated

Started by Michael Rolls, May 10, 2022, 06:10:23 AM

« previous - next »

Michael Rolls

Quote from: klondike on May 12, 2022, 08:46:23 AM
I have always found that the DVLA website worked smoothly whenever I used it.
But did you have a valid passport? I used it without any problems in 2019, 2016 and (from memory) 2013, but on those occasions I had received a reminder and had a valid passport, neither of which is the case now
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

My passport expired years ago. I have never entered passport details in the DVLA site sfaik.

Michael Rolls

Don't believe it! The reminder arrived today - thankfully ten minutes before I left the house on the way to, inter alia, post the D1! Before resorting to post, I will have one more go on-line - wish me luck!
Mike
[email protected]

Raven

Cassandra

Quote from: Michael Rolls on May 11, 2022, 05:13:11 AM
nice to know that I am not alone! How are you and the doggies getting on now that winter is - presumably - over?
Mike

Sent you a personal message on here Mike,
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

klondike

Good luck. I think it should work if the form has some code that you use it to identify yourself.

It occurs to me that the passport if you want a photo change means you can't upload pics to the DVLA and they just use the one from your passport. Good job I don't smoke as I probably look far too young to buy any using my driving licence now.

Michael Rolls

Yippee! Managed to apply on line. This time the site was quite happy that I don't have a passport, whereas when I got to that point previously - twice - it chucked me out. Odd
Mike
[email protected]

klondike

Not that odd. It identified you from the code on your renewal.