more increases to the cost of living?

Started by alfred, March 04, 2022, 03:56:13 PM

« previous - next »

alfred

within a few months we read that the post office stamps are to rise again
as it is unless you have a business it might be o.k but the average person will no doubt either cut back or stop posting all together ,
most likely text or email more instead,

as it is we're just about hit with every possible price rise possible,  in  every day life and what with electric and gas supplies which could cost many people three times what they are paying now  i wonder how many people will either accidently or deliberately get  purposefully into debt so that the pressure of millions of people not paying the massive energy heating bills will force the government having to think again as the cost will be passed onto them to try and find a solution to stop this for escalating ever further,

there has to be a point where people wont be able to pay for all the increases which are on the horizon to which state pensions aren't anywhere where near enough to cover the out lay, even the chancellor isn't helping at all as he tries to find more ways of making us pay more in hidden stealth taxes,

Q; do you think its time to call a halt and demand the government starts to look after rather than tax people to the point of trying to survive with ever demanding price rises.

Michael Rolls

Don't forget - the government doesn't have any money - it all comes from us. I fulminated in another thread about the standing daily charge from my electricity supplied rising by 85% - don't see how that can be justified and I think that that should be investigated by the regulator.
All of a sudden, things look a lot more expensive - and it is largely down to the madman in the Kremlin, but our own government's mad dash for 'carbon neutral' isn't helping. Perhaps some common sense may be forced upon our leaders - but don't hold your breath
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

It was the regulator that set those charges Mike. Because of the prices cap the energy companies will have been losing money the last few months. I suspect that the new rates have been set to avoid even more energy companies from simply folding.

Michael Rolls

I can understand an increase in the price of the product - inevitable. However, I cannot understand the 85% increase on the standing charge - how has it suddenly become nearly twice as expensive
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

A gift to the energy companies to bail them out probably. Maybe they thought nobody would notice.  :smiley: