'You have been quoted'

Started by JBR, June 10, 2024, 12:58:14 PM

« previous - next »

JBR

I have just received several emails, presumably sent automatically from the forum, advising me of a response to one of my posts.  Nothing wrong so far, but they all refer to responses made two days ago, and which have had several other posts by me and others since!

This is one of them: https://letschat.club/index.php?topic=4658.msg108300#msg108300

Not complaining, of course, but I wonder whether something has gone wrong with the site.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Scrumpy

I can not pick up your link..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Alex

klondike

The forum only sends registration and lost password emails sfaik. What was the sender address?

klondike

Just checked and there is an option in profiles to get those emails.. It is off by default and I thought I'd written it into a script to turn any such options off as the forum has a very limited free email account which I only intended to be used for lost passwords and new member registrations.

Please check your account settings. I'm on a hospital appointment right now but I'll check the thing I wrote that is supposed to turn these things off when I get back home
It may be in something that no longer runs as I have stopped running some things from my pi which is probably where it was.

JBR

Quote from: klondike on June 10, 2024, 02:10:24 PMJust checked and there is an option in profiles to get those emails.. It is off by default and I thought I'd written it into a script to turn any such options off as the forum has a very limited free email account which I only intended to be used for lost passwords and new member registrations.

Please check your account settings. I'm on a hospital appointment right now but I'll check the thing I wrote that is supposed to turn these things off when I get back home
It may be in something that no longer runs as I have stopped running some things from my pi which is probably where it was.

Thanks.  I've just looked in my profiles (all sections) and cannot see anything untoward.

As for the 'link not working', the address I typed above is what appears at the address bar on the forum leading to the thread in which one of email mentions had as its source.  It is a page from Vlad's 'Ripping Yarns'.  I just tried it again and that is where it took me.  A page from 6/7 June.

klondike

I found I had dropped the code that removes the emails when I changed the database backup mechanism a while ago. I have put it back in so there should no longer be any emails from alerts.

Your link worked for me JBR

JBR

Quote from: klondike on June 10, 2024, 06:45:55 PMI found I had dropped the code that removes the emails when I changed the database backup mechanism a while ago. I have put it back in so there should no longer be any emails from alerts.

Your link worked for me JBR
Thanks.  It's encouraging to know that the bloke in charge here knows what he's doing!  👍
I hope this has overcome any similar problems met by others too.

I wonder why Scrumpy and Alex couldn't load it.

Ruthio

!ink worked, Vlad's A Ripping Yarn

Scrumpy

Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..