tea caddies, and tea pots,

Started by alfred, January 18, 2022, 09:09:10 AM

« previous - next »

zoony

From memory, my gran's caddy spoon was a short, shovel-shaped one..Always an extra one-for-the-pot..

Alex

I've still got two teapots belonging to my Mum, I'll never use them but would hate to part with them.

Michael Rolls

I have two teapots - silver - that belonged to Veronica's mum. Never been used by us, don't know if they were by her mum - she gave them to Veronica on the occasion of her first wedding nearly 52 years ago
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

GrannyMac

Quote from: Raven on January 19, 2022, 10:13:44 PM
My Nana had one of those as well.  :smiley:

Must have been a Scottish thing, so did my mum.  She also kept a nutmeg in the caddy.  I remember from childhood her buying tea from a shop in Dundee, (oldest shop in town, still there!) Braithwaite's, that only sold tea and coffee.  The smell of roasted coffee was amazing, and I could never understand why the coffee we had at home, Nescafe, didn't smell like that shop.  :hmm:

I'm having my morning cuppa, in bed, courtesy of my dear OH.  Coffee, flat white, with my friend later today.  Tea made in a mug, one teabag.  I still have a silver teapot, plus cream and sugar from my parents' home, and the stainless steel set we got as a wedding present.  Sadly unused most of the time. 
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

crabbyob

ha, the milk container my granny called the pouree or puree

Scrumpy

We had a coffee shop and the aroma of coffee being ground was a very posh smell..
  Not for the likes of (us).. My mum would put some camp coffee in hot milk as a treat..
Us kids were not allowed coffee.. That was for 'grown-ups'..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

I'm 99% sure Camp coffee wasn't...

zoony

I used to like Camp but it was mostly chicory..Surely there must've been SOME coffee in it.. :worried:

crabbyob

i also liked Camp... i'm sure i have seen it os some supermarket shelf, next time i might buy a bottle

klondike

Quote from: zoony on January 20, 2022, 12:10:38 PM
I used to like Camp but it was mostly chicory..Surely there must've been SOME coffee in it.. :worried:
TBH I thought it was none but it seems...
The current ingredients of Camp Chicory & Coffee are sugar, water, chicory extract (25%) and dried coffee extract (4%).[3] Camp is a dark brown, syrupy liquid. It has a smooth flavour of chicory and coffee but with a very sweet, predominantly chicory aftertaste.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camp_Coffee#:~:text=The%20current%20ingredients%20of%20Camp,dried%20coffee%20extract%20(4%25).&text=It%20has%20a%20smooth%20flavour,very%20sweet%2C%20predominantly%20chicory%20aftertaste.

Wandering Walter

Quote from: Scrumpy on January 20, 2022, 11:11:14 AM
We had a coffee shop and the aroma of coffee being ground was a very posh smell..
  Not for the likes of (us).. My mum would put some camp coffee in hot milk as a treat..
Us kids were not allowed coffee.. That was for 'grown-ups'..

There is an old fashioned Coffee shop near to me that sell all sorts of Coffee into paper bags they grind on the premises you can buy , or you can sit and have a cup inside, they have an extra fan that pumps out the hot steam from inside out into the street.

The smell wafts down the street its hard not stop and have at least one cup and relax   

Michael Rolls

used to be a shop in Kingston that sold coffee and tobacco (not cigarettes, just tobacco) Gorgeous aroma
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]