The ridiculous Gaza debate

Started by muddy, February 22, 2024, 08:21:14 AM

« previous - next »

muddy

The disgraceful spectacle of MPs virtue signalling and wasting time , time that we pay them for in discussing a war in another country that is none of our business .
We have enough troubles in this country as it is they need to concentrate on these .

Some say they are worried that ( if they don't make a stand on Gaza - for ceasefire ) their personal safely and that of their families will be compromised .

Hardly surprising if that baying mob of savages outside of Parliament was anything to go by if these their constituents .

When is the Met police going to act as we have no water cannons perhaps the fire brigade could help out ?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-politics-68349957

GrannyMac

Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Alex

klondike

The police need to have some training in France. They know how to handle this crap.

Raven

They're like a bunch of naughty kids :rolleyes: When did MPs start to behave like this? Not so long ago the Westminster MPs acted with dignity and had good manners.
I'm disgusted with the lot of them, Yes Mike......That includes the SNP. :angry:

klondike

Quote from: Raven on February 22, 2024, 10:27:21 AMNot so long ago the Westminster MPs acted with dignity and had good manners.
I doubt they ever did. It's mostly that they are televised now.

Tempers will be short. It's an election year and a lot of them might gave to start working for a living soon.

Raven

Good, Lets hope it's on minimum wage......Do the buggers good. :waiting:

Diasi

I'm disappointed to see Hoyle, the Speaker, break the Parliamentary tradition & allow the Opposition amendment in order to save Starmer from a 100 plus Labour MP revolt at the voting lobbies.

It's the sort of snide trick I'd have expected from his predecessor, but not from him.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

muddy

He was sorry for it today but the admission, by the Speaker, that the processes of the House were subverted due to fear of radical Islamists is utterly disgraceful .

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Diasi

Quote from: muddy on February 23, 2024, 01:40:50 AMHe was sorry for it today but the admission, by the Speaker, that the processes of the House were subverted due to fear of radical Islamists is utterly disgraceful .

That's just a cover story for the gullible members of the public.

If there'd been any danger his advisers wouldn't have told him not to do it.

He's an ex-Labour MP who did it against all the advice given to him in order to stop Starmer, who asked him to do it, suffering a humiliating rebellion by Labour MPs.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Alex

Cover story or not, I hope it wakes them up to the fact there IS a threat from radical islam in this country.

Diasi

Quote from: Alex on February 23, 2024, 09:31:56 AMCover story or not, I hope it wakes them up to the fact there IS a threat from radical islam in this country.
No doubt there is, but not from a bunch of flag wavers.

Had there been a credible threat there would have been a massive armed police presence  combined with military response units in attendance.

The point is that a non-existent threat was used as an excuse to subvert Parliamentary process. 
[email protected]

Alex

Quote from: Diasi on February 23, 2024, 10:14:00 AMNo doubt there is, but not from a bunch of flag wavers.

Had there been a credible threat there would have been a massive armed police presence  combined with military response units in attendance.

The point is that a non-existent threat was used as an excuse to subvert Parliamentary process.

Have to admire your faith in our police forces Phil.

muddy

Massive armed police presence ?????