Classic Coronation Street

Started by JBR, December 04, 2023, 12:35:49 PM

« previous - next »

JBR

Marge and I have been watching Classic Coronation Street for a long time now.  We prefer this to the current series because the latter has now become woke and rather boring.

The Classic version from several years ago was produced when they still had some ideas for excellent and even gripping story lines.
Unfortunately, a few days ago that series suddenly disappeared.  We thought at the time that ITV had not transmitted it probably due to some boring football match, but after another day or two we investigated.
It seems that ITV has sold all subsequent episodes to someone else.  I think it may have been Sky.

There is no way we are going to pay Sky's expensive charges, as we also pay for Prime and Netflix, and also the only thing of any interest on Sky would be Classic Coronation Street!

Fortunately, Marge seems able to remember what sort of things happen subsequently, re. Tracey's baby 'by Roy Cropper!' (I don't have a very effective memory these days), so I suppose we can foretell the sort of things we would have been able to watch.

I don't suppose many other people here are Classic Coronation Street fans, but thought I'd mention it anyway.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Scrumpy

I watched it back in the day and enjoyed it.. 
It's all bullying.. and killing people off.. I haven't watched it for ages..
I remember us all gathering around the tv to watch Ena.. Minnie and the other lady drinking in the bar .. Putting everyone through the ringer.. If I remember it was in black and white..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

JBR

Quote from: Scrumpy on December 04, 2023, 03:55:15 PMI watched it back in the day and enjoyed it..
It's all bullying.. and killing people off.. I haven't watched it for ages..
I remember us all gathering around the tv to watch Ena.. Minnie and the other lady drinking in the bar .. Putting everyone through the ringer.. If I remember it was in black and white..
Oh yes.  Ena Sharples, Minnie Caldwell and Martha Longhurst, I think were their names.
Yes, I remember them and the old black and white days.
Strangely, there were never any black people on the telly in those days... 
well... except for the Black and White Minstrel show.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire