Gaza's Tunnels.

Started by Raven, November 19, 2023, 08:54:47 PM

« previous - next »

Raven

Sooo, there are tunnels after all. Yet their existence has been hotly denied.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-middle-east-67466779

klondike

Well I, for one, never doubted that there would be. The Israelis know that they will be asked to prove everything yet the BBC instantly reported Israel had bombed some hospital (maybe the same one) when it turned out to be one of the Palestinians rockets misfired into a car park. The problem is the Israeli can never kill them all - Hamas don't wear uniforms sfaik and can be innocent civilians just by ditching their weapons.

Alex

When you think about it, those people chasing after the pick ups carrying the naked Israeli woman weren't Hamas.  They were ordinary Palestinians using pieces of wood to hit her.   It's hard to differentiate between Hamas and Joe Public they're all bad buggars.

Alex

Looks like Israel is starting to flood the tunnels with sea water.

klondike

Raven

I am getting so sick of wars and fighting. :yell: Why can't people just be content and live peacefully with others.
On the other side yesterday Muddy posted a video called "Summer Camp for Hamas Kids" or something like that. It horrified me, and I couldn't get the images or the teenagers remarks out of my mind the rest of the day. :cry:
Men starting wars, what the hell is wrong with them.  :wtf:

https://youtu.be/vCWMBvxWKL0?si=cpyIf94NbIMUBARr

JBR

Quote from: Alex on December 06, 2023, 12:37:27 PMLooks like Israel is starting to flood the tunnels with sea water.
Yes, and I believe that is a very effective option.
I think I mentioned gas before, but water is a much more practical method.
There would be no way out for the terrorists other than coming to the surfaces of the tunnels which, I assume, are being guarded by the IDF.
Those terrorists who manage to come out voluntarily will be taken prisoner and dealt with appropriately.
Those who attempt to remain in their tunnels will inevitably drown which, to my mind, is also appropriate.
A further benefit is that other terrorists will be unable to use the tunnels again.  Although the water will eventually subside or be absorbed into the earth, the tunnels will still be difficult to re-use and, of course, could again be filled with water if and when necessary.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Cassandra

Quote from: klondike on December 06, 2023, 12:40:50 PMExcellent  :upvote:

Shame I would have thought Napalm first then flooding :evil:
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

klondike

I assume they are sure that there are no hostages in those tunnels or maybe they have written them off now as likely dead already.

JBR

Quote from: klondike on December 06, 2023, 02:21:48 PMI assume they are sure that there are no hostages in those tunnels or maybe they have written them off now as likely dead already.
There may well be, but the options are that the terrorists might allow them to escape at the same time as they do.  Perhaps if the terrorists allow them out at the same time as they themselves escape, they may be treated leniently by the IDF.  It they choose to prevent them escaping, perhaps they will not be looked upon as kindly by the IDF.

Self preservation or suicide.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

GrannyMac

Quote from: Raven on December 06, 2023, 12:47:18 PMI am getting so sick of wars and fighting. :yell: Why can't people just be content and live peacefully with others.
On the other side yesterday Muddy posted a video called "Summer Camp for Hamas Kids" or something like that. It horrified me, and I couldn't get the images or the teenagers remarks out of my mind the rest of the day. :cry:
Men starting wars, what the hell is wrong with them.  :wtf:

https://youtu.be/vCWMBvxWKL0?si=cpyIf94NbIMUBARr
I agree.  Greed and egos.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Scrumpy

I'm fed up with the lot of them.. If they want to fight let them get on with it.. There'll be another one along next year..
I read somewhere that the Ukrainian leader said 'Don't forget about us'.. 
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Cassandra

Quote from: JBR on December 06, 2023, 02:31:23 PMThere may well be, but the options are that the terrorists might allow them to escape at the same time as they do.  Perhaps if the terrorists allow them out at the same time as they themselves escape, they may be treated leniently by the IDF.  It they choose to prevent them escaping, perhaps they will not be looked upon as kindly by the IDF.

Self preservation or suicide.

By the time 'Biden's' script writers and the UN have got round to influencing everything, Hamas members will probably get a six month suspended sentence, for not having any planning permission for the tunnels!
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Scrumpy

Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike