Good old Boris..

Started by Scrumpy, May 05, 2023, 12:24:27 PM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

The country seem to be leaning towards Labour..
They haven't chosen Labour because they are the best option.. They are choosing Labour because Conservatives have, successfully , destroyed their own party..
 Boris Johnson played a big role in this by being an arrogant liar who thought he was so popular that he could do just as he wished..
Sunak is picking up the pieces.. and taking the flack..
 Johnson should be ashamed of himself.. but he isn't.. He is so arrogant he thought he could step back in again to take over the reigns .. 
 I am not of a political mind.. I know little of politics however, I recognise a fool when I see one.
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Diasi

It's through getting rid of Boris Johnson that the Tory party is going down the pan.

Boris would have kept a Tory majority in 2024.

Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

I rather doubt that he would. He blew it for himself and the Tories too imo. That said the damage would have been less than that his farcical replacement shambles has caused.

Alex

I don't blame Boris for the state this country is in, I blame the Civil Service.

klondike

You need to extend beyond the civil service as very little works well - the NHS and Police are failing us too. Very little does work and all these public services including the civil service are ultimately the responsibility of the government. The last Labour government left office in 2010 (as usual leaving a right mess). There have been Tory lead and solely Tory governments since then so if the Tories aren't to blame who is? Highest taxes since the war. Highest inflation this century. How can they possibly expect to be returned for another term?

Scrumpy

Quote from: Diasi on May 05, 2023, 12:53:38 PMIt's through getting rid of Boris Johnson that the Tory party is going down the pan.

Boris would have kept a Tory majority in 2024.

I doubt that very much.. The public are not foolish all of the time... 
Boris was a welcome breath of fresh air.. He certainly had charisma .. Public warmed to him.. and he had an easy going approachable attitude..
He got too cocky.. He thought he was indestructible..and whatever he did the public would still need/ want him.
Starmer helped by being dull and boring..
Boris was his own executioner...
It was because of him the public had had enough of their foolish behaviour.
No other is to blame for starting the unpopularity.. only for continuing with it..

JBR

Quote from: Alex on May 05, 2023, 01:14:46 PMI don't blame Boris for the state this country is in, I blame the Civil Service.
I agree.
Whether directly or indirectly, one way or another I feel that it is the Civil Service which now runs this country.
No-one has ever voted for them, yet somehow they now not only call all the shots, but also pay themselves far too much money for what they do.

Looking at the local election results so far, the main recipients of votes are - as might be expected - the Tories and Labour, both of which would continue to destroy the country given half a chance.
That's British voters for you.  The vast majority see only those two parties and, assuming that the same thing happens in the GE next year,  we can forget any restoration of the country we once had.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Scrumpy

We are all aware that the Civil Servants run the country..
What I am saying is the voters vote for leaders and Boris became unpopular.. Nothing to do with the Civil Service as to why ...

klondike

we can forget any restoration of the country we once had

My doubtless vain hope is a complete wipeout for the Tories. We know that the resulting Labour government will balls up big time. That would open up the possibility of an actual conservative party with conservative policies to rise.

Diasi

Quote from: Scrumpy on May 05, 2023, 03:42:47 PMI doubt that very much.. The public are not foolish all of the time...
Boris was a welcome breath of fresh air.. He certainly had charisma .. Public warmed to him.. and he had an easy going approachable attitude..
He got too cocky.. He thought he was indestructible..and whatever he did the public would still need/ want him.
Starmer helped by being dull and boring..
Boris was his own executioner...
It was because of him the public had had enough of their foolish behaviour.
No other is to blame for starting the unpopularity.. only for continuing with it..

You'd need to be a born & bred working class Northerner to realise that you're way off the mark.

The Northerners in the building site canteens warmed to Boris for exactly the same reasons that you say turned people off him.

They love a rebellious two finger saluting misfit & Boris would have retained the Red Wall & even increased the Northern vote.

The posh Indian git is the bloke who'll lose it.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Cassandra

The unCivil Service are an institutionally left wing bent middle class phenomenon, spawned by the University lecturers that have been around since the 'fall-out' of the sickly Blair and trumpeted by flawed clarions such as The Guardian!

Cancelling, re-writing classic literature, superglueing misfits who draw far too much attention from the priggish Green journalists, who graduated with them in 'Media studies' or some other singularly useless subject criteria.

Clear out the 'Waitrose Tories' back to the Lib-dems and start again. There are over 250 of them as MP's at present. Unfortunately a cathartic cull will be necessary by the Electorate next time, before law and order and common sense once again prevail.
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Scrumpy

Quote from: Diasi on May 05, 2023, 04:04:00 PMYou'd need to be a born & bred working class Northerner to realise that you're way off the mark.

The Northerners in the building site canteens warmed to Boris for exactly the same reasons that you say turned people off him.

They love a rebellious two finger saluting misfit & Boris would have retained the Red Wall & even increased the Northern vote.

The posh Indian git is the bloke who'll lose it.
Fortunately the country is made up of NORTH..SOUTH..EAST.. WEST..
Many from the NORTH... like ,builders in canteens , didn't' like the 'One rule for you..Another for me.' attitude.

JBR

Quote from: Cassandra on May 05, 2023, 04:17:19 PMThe unCivil Service are an institutionally left wing bent middle class phenomenon, spawned by the University lecturers that have been around since the 'fall-out' of the sickly Blair and trumpeted by flawed clarions such as The Guardian!

Cancelling, re-writing classic literature, superglueing misfits who draw far too much attention from the priggish Green journalists, who graduated with them in 'Media studies' or some other singularly useless subject criteria.

Clear out the 'Waitrose Tories' back to the Lib-dems and start again. There are over 250 of them as MP's at present. Unfortunately a cathartic cull will be necessary by the Electorate next time, before law and order and common sense once again prevail.
Exactly.  Well said.

Bliar, yet again.  Yes, he was the undoubted beginning of the ongoing downfall of this country, and yet he has the nerve to show off that evil smile whenever a camera is around.

Yes, half of the Conservative MPs are now Liberals, probably because they know their party would never get in to government and so have managed to stand as 'Conservatives' in the appropriate constituencies.
I was hoping that Reform might replace the Lib-Cons next year, but for some reason people are afraid of voting for a new party.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Cassandra

My friends back in the UK said Reform admit to only standing in about 20% of the seats that were up yesterday? Apparently they couldn't yet get the right candidates in place. So predictably they either didn't vote or elected an independent at this stage. Importantly many have resigned from the Waitrose Tories and are now fully paid up Reform members. So the cogs are turning it seems!
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]