Our uncle Phil..

Started by Scrumpy, June 08, 2022, 09:45:56 AM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

Conversation at the table over the weekend..

Uncle Phil is getting on for 90.. He decided to fly to Spain for a break.. His was advised by his son to stay with them and they would take him to the airport a couple of miles away..
Uncle Phil is a stubborn old bugger and insisted that he would catch a train to the airport..
He said ' I'm not stupid.. I can walk to the station.. My legs are still working'
He tripped over on the way to the station and people who were passing by helped him and insisted he sit for a while..  He missed his flight..
He re-booked.. But this time he did as he was told and stayed over at his son's house..
They reached the airport with plenty of time for his 8.30am flight only to find that Uncle Phil had read the ticket wrongly.. 8.30 was the time of landing..

He  has decided to travel by train to Scotland instead.. :grin: What a trooper..
I'm sure every family has an Uncle Phil..!!
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

I'm afraid that may well be me with the way my memory is heading.  :shocked:

Scrumpy

What makes our Uncle Phil comical is the way he Poo Poos help.. and his constant reply of ' I'm not stupid'... 'Might be old but not stupid'..

Alex

I remember saying to my Dad that perhaps he needed a hearing aid,  "oooh not yet" he replied.  He was 82

klondike

He missed a trick. If anybody says that to me I'll just say PARDON? Reminds me to find out how to pursue getting something on the NHS. 

Scrumpy

My hearing is fine.. I think.. If I didn't catch it the first time I'll get it the next time round..
My legs tell me off sometimes especially when going up a hill.. 
Why is it that slopes have now turned into hills.. !!