Boris Christmas party,

Started by alfred, April 24, 2022, 08:04:01 AM

« previous - next »

alfred

I'm sure the man in the street couldn't care less whether Boris did or didn't know he was breaking the law, and the politicians are out to get him, where as the man and woman in the street particularly the pensioner's are more concerned about the massive rises in food, fuel and living standards as the prices for ever spiralling  into ever higher and higher charges,

i wonder why doesn't the politicians get their act together and look at the more important things of the day and get these spiralling costs down and make the energy of gas and electric that much cheaper , as this robbing chancellor has sadly to think about the £13,000 pounds he going to spend on his swimming pool,

with no thought to the millions of people who are about to face daunting over priced ,food, fuel, and energy costs,  and everything else that seems to be increasing so that the man and woman in the street thinks about trying to survive , as many sadly will get even deeper into debt for others little or no help as the politicians bother about Boris instead of the country and the people who are really up against it in their daily lives,

Q; So when it comes to voting lets vote for any one than the tory party who couldn't care less , and only when it concerns them selves not the people they were elected to serve, 

is there a better way , if so will you share your thoughts with us,

Diasi

Well the fact is that the opposition parties have never had, & still don't, any policies to deal with any of the UK's recent problems, from Covid to the current energy & cost of living crisis.

That's why Partygate is so important to them as it's the only thing they have on which to challenge the Government.

That's what will determine my vote.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Michael Rolls

Quote from: Diasi on April 24, 2022, 08:12:59 AM
Well the fact is that the oppostion parties have never had, & still don't, any policies to deal with any of the UK's recent problems, from Covid to the current energy & cost of living crisis.

That's why Partygate is so important to them as it's the only thing they have on which to challenge the Government.
That's how I see it as well. When have we anything other than the vaguest of platitudes from the opposition, except when decrying those wicked parties?
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Sheila

Sorry Alfred but I absolutely disagree with you.  IMO, Labour are useless and the Conservatives are the best of a bad bunch.

The only 'politician' who I admire is a local Libdem councilor.  He is unfailingly patient with people and has helped us and our neighbours when the people at the back of us wanted to build five detached houses in their garden.  I have voted for him for about 50 years and there is never any doubt that he will be voted in.

klondike

Pity he's a Lib Dem - the party who got smashed because of their wish to ignore democracy. Something I can never forgive.

A big majority of Scots think Boris is unfit to be PM (hardly a surprise)
https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/politics/scottish-politics/3114490/boris-johnson-poll-results/

What will probably surprise many here is that he doesn't fare much better overall either
https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/trackers/boris-johnson-approval-rating
https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/survey-results/daily/2022/03/08/26d25/2

Yes there are far more important issues than breaches of covid regulations which for the most part achieved bugger all in preventing the spread of covid but did make access to the health services a nightmare and lead to thousand dieing alone in hospitals. That still doesn't make somebody with such a cavalier attitude to the truth and his own governments rules which apparently were only intended to apply to the plebs fit to be PM.

Alex

I'm tired of hearing about the so called "party"   It's being dragged out because  Labour has nothing else to say.   :rolleyes:

Perhaps the Tories will get rid of Boris, they'll be hoping to salvage some seats in the May elections.  :hmm: :hmm:

klondike

The one they fined him for was pretty much a joke but I see tell that there will be more fines coming and I suspect over clearer breaches. I imagine those seeking to unseat him will wait until after the council elections. Maybe until after the next round of fines. Maybe until after the internal parliamentary partygate investigation reports. Maybe until after the Misleading Parliament investigation.

There are a lot of investigations and I'd say they can't realistically swap leader too close to the next election which could be next year.

He could survive but things look bleak IMO.

-Oy-

It's a local election and will have little bearing on Central Government. I shall be voting for my local councillor on local issues.
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."

klondike

I suspect the majority won't vote at all. Turnout rarely if ever reaches 50% in local elections and imo the majority of those that do just vote for a party not a councillor unless very local and known to them. The central parties won't be viewing the results as being on local issues.

-Oy-

Quote from: klondike on April 24, 2022, 09:44:04 AM
I suspect the majority won't vote at all. Turnout rarely if ever reaches 50% in local elections and imo the majority of those that do just vote for a party not a councillor unless very local and known to them. The central parties won't be viewing the results as being on local issues.

I've worked as a Presiding Officer here for the last 30 years. I don't think I've seen a local election ever reach 30% and certainly some have been below 20%
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."

Raven

I have always voted, I simply don't believe in not voting, I think it's wrong. BUT, having said that, I will NOT vote in another Independence Ref. My reason for that is simply that it won't be proper Independence  :waiting: as a No Vote means staying in the Union and a Yes Vote means trying to rejoin the EU. I don't want either of these things and I refuse to vote for either of them. :angry:

klondike

Quote from: -Oy- on April 24, 2022, 09:57:38 AM
I've worked as a Presiding Officer here for the last 30 years. I don't think I've seen a local election ever reach 30% and certainly some have been below 20%
Yes I thought it was at those levels but played safe on my majority claim and said less than 50%.

klondike

Quote from: Raven on April 24, 2022, 10:02:11 AM
I will NOT vote in another Independence Ref. My reason for that is simply that it won't be proper Independence  :waiting: as a No Vote means staying in the Union and a Yes Vote means trying to rejoin the EU. I don't want either of these things and I refuse to vote for either of them. :angry:
I wouldn't worry too much about the EU as the only reason that they would admit Scotland would be to poke the UK in the eye.

I'd also imagine that you'd have a referendum on joining the EU too. There is a big difference between voting to remain and voting to join having left. The terms would be worse for a start. How the hell would you manage the border?

Scrumpy

I will vote  Conservative...
What has Labour got to offer..!! They never tell us..
All they do is complain how badly the others running the country.. Yet give no solution..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

hugh

No party ever do well in mid term elections so party gate will have very little to do with the results.

So far the Labour Party have said absolutely nothing to make me even think about giving them a vote.

I just hope Boris keeps his job as PM, because without him many seats will be lost.
Happy Golfer