Sunak Sets a New Record

Started by Diasi, November 07, 2022, 07:03:23 PM

« previous - next »

Raven

Quote from: Jacqueline on November 09, 2022, 11:59:12 AMI pay my taxes and want my money to benefit the British. If there is more money to go around then our taxes should be reduced or pay off our deficit, not give to foreigners we do enough of that already.

That's the way to go. :upvote:

JBR

Quote from: Jacqueline on November 09, 2022, 11:59:12 AMI pay my taxes and want my money to benefit the British. If there is more money to go around then our taxes should be reduced or pay off our deficit, not give to foreigners we do enough of that already.
I completely agree.
When we were a rich country, then foreign aid was a good idea because it kept our allies on our side.
Unfortunately, we are heading toward becoming a poor country in many ways.
What money we have should be spent on us and our country, and I exclude all the illegal immigrants who we continue to pay for in our taxes.
I believe we should really push for a new government, and not the usual two: Conservative and Labour, as both are interested only in their own well-being at our expense.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Michael Rolls

foreign aid - a system whereby poor people in rich countries become poorer and rich people in poor countries become richer
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Cassandra

Quote from: Diasi on November 09, 2022, 11:03:05 AMBut the foreign aid budget is something that shouldn't exist anyway, & most certainly not at a time when our own public spending is being cut.

From a former and senior foreign office contact I was once told its the 'Bung Fund' used to cross greasy foreign palms with. The 'British Council' are the front (a charity supposedly!)

My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...