Guerrilla war

Started by klondike, November 08, 2022, 02:25:39 PM

« previous - next »

klondike

Well they did it again. Go to order monthly meds and see medicine xyz needs to be reviewed and authorised before it can be reordered.

Standard response. Add a manual request to order for other meds to review and reissue xyz. This normally results in it being issued and shutting them up.

This time they have indeed issued it but sent over a mortar round in the form of a text for me to phone in to book a review.

You are position 13 in queue. Now to decide whether to tell them I will need an asthma check and blood test before the review. I suppose I will because if I don't it just means another round of you are position number n in queue and another half hour or so waiting listening to the tediously slow countdown.

All the review will lead to is me being asked to take statins and refusing having tried two both of which produced unacceptable side effects. Last time I did tell them they could prescribe them if they liked but not to expect me to take them.

klondike

Ah it seems that they have got crafty. The appointment is almost certainly just for a blood test. Doctors don't do those nurses do. Apparently the doctor will review the results but there will almost certainly be no discussion of the meds or any correction of the far too long repeat cycles which means I have to add manual requests for meds to be issued which according to their schedule are not due.

Checking call log it shows I was on phone for 35 minutes.

JBR

Been there.  Done that.

The usual thing is to telephone when the surgery first opens bang on 8am.
"We are very busy.  You are 25th in the queue."
How on earth do so many call in at precisely the same time?

My solution: call in at the surgery and speak to a receptionist.  It works better than the telephone call system.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire