Rishi Sunak

Started by hugh, May 06, 2022, 06:44:22 PM

« previous - next »

klondike

The partygate stuff isn't finished as there is still the parliamentary report to come which was suspended during police investigations. Come to that I haven't read anywhere that the police have said their investigations are complete. I do think that the public have grown bored with it though and given that sanctimonious Starmer has been caught out too I doubt it is capable of swaying many votes.

Despite the ever soaring illegal migrant numbers and so far no credible mechanism to curb them I still think the thing that will influence voters most will be the cost of living problems.

As I said before the window of opportunity for the Tories to ditch Johnson is closing. Any new leader needs time to get his feet under the table before the next election. The full 5 year term is up by December 2024 but it will be before then for certain as nobody wants another Christmas election.

hugh

Been on the news that party gate fines are finished and Boris not getting a second one. Half a £million the investigation as cost what a waste of money.

You could be right about removing Boris klondike, but he his still quite popular north of UK apart from the inner cities. The question is how long for????
Happy Golfer

klondike

I  don't know if they'll keep him or ditch him. All I'm saying is that if they want to ditch him it pretty much has to be in the next 6 months.

My main gripe is that I voted Tory and have ended up with a cross between the LibDems and the Greens. Would Labour have been any better? No, but on current performance there will be no big Tory majority next time.

hugh

In my view Boris as done far more good than harm. He put his trust in Rishi who was an hero  giving out money here there and every where. But now he doesn't seem to have a clue what to do.

Energy companies should be pushed in investing the extra money into creating far more good jobs. One off wind fall tax should happen if they don't.
Happy Golfer

GrannyMac

I think people will view Labour as more sympathetic and helpful about the cost of living, and may well vote for them on that basis.  If Labour do win, then I dread to think about the increase in immigration.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Raven

Those who are wanting more immigration should have to take them into their own homes first, see how fast they change their minds then.

Sheila

Boris is far from perfect but I agree with Hugh that he has done more good than harm, making some very difficult decisions.

I dread to think what would have happened if Labour had been in charge.  They are very good at being critical but what are their policies?

Diasi

Quote from: GrannyMac on May 20, 2022, 08:03:14 AM
I think people will view Labour as more sympathetic and helpful about the cost of living, and may well vote for them on that basis.  If Labour do win, then I dread to think about the increase in immigration.

The highest UK inflation on record was under a Labour government & the 2008 bank crash was under a Labour government who were warned about it but took no action.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Cassandra

I'd go for No overall control next time. Labour and SNP with an arrangement form a coalition whereby Scottish Independence is achieved with lots of long term costs to England by way of guarantees etc being the price for their support? Of course a 'one run parliament' as once the SNP departed any coalition would evaporate as the Scots packed up and left.

The Liberals appeal to the Islington/Richmond Greens 35+year old somethings and as our generation fades, so theirs will promise a return to the EU with a full 'woke-on' agenda.

The Greens will promote roller skates, burning peat and land yachts everywhere to cop enough bigots to be a nuisance too.

Rayner and Sturgeon 'Building Back Better' imagine that ... :bandaged:
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

klondike

hugh

Conservatives need to get rid of Boris as soon as possible and get a new leader so they can move on. I expect I am on my own but I fancy Jacob Rees-Mogg. 
Happy Golfer

Michael Rolls

JRM has a big disadvantage in the current party - he is actually a Conservative as opposed to some sort of woke worshipping neo-liberal. I would like to see him in Number 10, but I doubt he has a snowball in hell's chance
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Raven

Quote from: hugh on May 28, 2022, 08:57:27 AMConservatives need to get rid of Boris as soon as possible and get a new leader so they can move on. I expect I am on my own but I fancy Jacob Rees-Mogg.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  :yell: He's not right, no way, no how.

Cassandra

Quote from: hugh on May 28, 2022, 08:57:27 AMConservatives need to get rid of Boris as soon as possible and get a new leader so they can move on. I expect I am on my own but I fancy Jacob Rees-Mogg.

My choice too. Intellectually sound and as a strict Catholic I would imagine honest, plus a good practised financier. Appears uncontaminated by Woke to a large extent, dedicated Leaver.
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

hugh

You do not count Raven being anti tory  :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
Happy Golfer