The boring thread.....

Started by Scrumpy, July 18, 2023, 11:58:08 AM

« previous - next »

Vlad

Quote from: GrannyMac on Yesterday at 04:53:36 PMklondike has been known to go fishing on a boat, will that do?

Thank you Dex, Alex Scrumpy and Mups, I do feel quite a bit better.  No more Covid jabs methinks.

Thanks.....Klondike? You out there...?
"I am in awe of myself. I never know what I will write next."

klondike

Quote from: GrannyMac on Yesterday at 04:53:36 PMklondike has been known to go fishing on a boat, will that do?

Thank you Dex, Alex Scrumpy and Mups, I do feel quite a bit better.  No more Covid jabs methinks.

That's my son's boat. We mostly fish from it in the marina but he has another smaller open boat  next to it which we use on the river. Not often so far as by the time he got it year before last it was late autumn and none too pleasant weather and nor was most of last year. So we stuck to the bigger boat and protection from the weather. Must be global warming.

As it happens we were there today getting both ready for the season which opens 16 June. There is a diesel heater we use if the weather is really cold but it got a bit choked up as they do. I've had it down the cellar cleaning it out. Not finished yet and I'm still blowing soot out of my nose from when I started off vacuuming the exhaust but had taken the filter out without realising that meant it would quickly fill the cellar with a fog of soot. Ooops.

dextrous63

I suspect that boat will be requisitioned for the war effort on the ripping yarn thread.

Is there a Jack Hawkins lookalike among us?

Silver Tabby

I am here - sorry about that! :sad: