What's your game.. ?

Started by Scrumpy, January 29, 2022, 11:52:11 AM

« previous - next »

Michael Rolls

just re-read the ad and realised it was a European supplier and the price was in Euros. A UK supplier has the weapon for a mere £3,300. Think that I will pass!
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Michael Rolls

Don't know what I was thinking - no way can my gammy left arm support the weight of a rifle - it can't even open the car door, doubtless to the dismay of the producers of the new highway code. Still, the thread triggered some nice memories of my shooting days
Mike
[email protected]

hugh

There are many quite good players only having one arm playing golf Mike. Bad back that's a very different matter unless pain killers helps.

Just been on youtube and found a coach giving lesson on how to play golf with one arm.
Happy Golfer

zoony

A lot less faffin' about if you learned backgammon mate..

Michael Rolls

Quote from: hugh on January 30, 2022, 01:38:10 PM
There are many quite good players only having one arm playing golf Mike. Bad back that's a very different matter unless pain killers helps.

Just been on youtube and found a coach giving lesson on how to play golf with one arm.
One twist to swing a club and I'd be using a Zimmer or even a wheelchair! The back would give in instantly - it doesn't like being rotated other than very slowly and gently. I do a raft of gentle exercises every day to try and keep it strong and supple - but it often has a mind of its own. Once spent three days unable to stand, let alone walk, after moving a sheet of A4 paper from the pile on my right to the pile on my left. I was on my hands and knees sorting out papers I needed for meetings that day - needless to say, I never got to them - instead I crawled to the stairs and somehow managed to get up them and back to bed. Fortunately, this was a Friday so I managed to get back into work on the Monday.
Mike
[email protected]

Michael Rolls

Quote from: zoony on January 30, 2022, 02:32:15 PM
A lot less faffin' about if you learned backgammon mate..
Doesn't that need two people?
[email protected]

klondike

You could always play with yourself.
Phil  :wink:

Michael Rolls

[email protected]

klondike

You started it. I saw that post from Scrumpy about your comment to poor Brian in the other place  :grin:

Michael Rolls

I think you misunderstand the comment.
Brian posted

A lorry driver threw a lit cigarette out of his cab once and I was driving a car with an open roof at the time. Fortunately it did not go into my eye but it was close.

In agreement, I posted

'I find it hard to believe just how much the low lives in our society just toss out of car windows..'

How does your comment grow out of those two posts?
Mike

[email protected]

klondike

I think I must have. I don't visit PF these days and went by secondhand info here?

Alex

How To Spot When You're Having Your Leg Pulled available on Amazon  £2.99

Michael Rolls

Quote from: klondike on January 31, 2022, 10:55:00 AM
I think I must have. I don't visit PF these days and went by secondhand info here?
No problem 👍👍
[email protected]

Alex

Quote from: Alex on January 31, 2022, 11:16:07 AM
How To Spot When You're Having Your Leg Pulled available on Amazon  £2.99