Lee Anderson joins Reform UK

Started by klondike, March 11, 2024, 10:27:49 AM

« previous - next »

klondike

Lee Anderson joins Reform UK in move which leaves 'serious questions' about Rishi Sunak

Lee Anderson is to be unveiled by Reform UK as their first MP in Parliament after he agreed to join following his highly controversial suspension from the Conservative Party.

The move will set shockwaves among Tory MPs many of whom have supported him being reinstated.

Just last week, as first reported by this website, Mr Anderson had been hugged by Liz Truss and given a hero's welcome at a fundraiser for Bassetlaw Conservative MP Brendan Clarke-Smith, one of his closest friends in politics.

Rishi Sunak personally signed off Mr Anderson's suspension after the Ashfield MP lost patience with the rise of Islamist extremism in London's streets around the protests against Israel's conduct of the war in Gaza against Hamas.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1875918/lee-anderson-joins-reform-uk

Excellent news. Reform will have an MP.

Diasi

Some good news at last, I just hope Sutton in Ashfield voters don't descend into the tribal voting cesspit at the next General Election.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Alex

Yes good news !
I wonder who will be next to defect ?

JBR

Yes, excellent news.
The first Reform MP even before any general election.

I should not be surprised if others follow.  One who I think would be good news is Jacob Rees-Mogg.  He appears regularly on GB News and, at least to my mind, seems to be healthily right wing.

They should be very careful, though, not to invite in any existing Conservative MP who is known to be, or even suspected to be a Liberal plant in that party, as I'm sure many are now.

Another great benefit if Anderson's defection could be to make the ditherers among us, who delight in assuring us that Reform can never form a government, might now think again and hopefully realise that Reform is probably our only chance of restoring the country to what it once was, wen ah wer a lad!
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Ashy

In this case the conservative party started it. If anyone defected it was them.

klondike

I don't think Jacob Rees Mogg is likely to move to Reform. I think he hopes to push the Conservative party away from being LibDems.

JBR

Quote from: klondike on March 11, 2024, 12:51:14 PMI don't think Jacob Rees Mogg is likely to move to Reform. I think he hopes to push the Conservative party away from being LibDems.
Good luck to him.
Whatever he does, even if he does clear away all the Liberal invaders, I very much doubt that the Conservatives will form the next government.
I do, however, hope that a genuine Conservative party might ally themselves with Reform and that they collectively outnumber the presumed forthcoming Labour government.
A Labour government outnumbered by two other parties in the Commons would find it difficult to pass any laws which the majority would object to.

muddy

While they have twits like Cameron blabbing his mouth off as if he's an elder statesmen instead of a total plonker they haven't got a hope .

JBR

Quote from: muddy on March 13, 2024, 08:02:55 PMWhile they have twits like Cameron blabbing his mouth off as if he's an elder statesmen instead of a total plonker they haven't got a hope .
I think that asking Camoron to come back, and giving him a 'Lordship', was probably a desperate attempt by Sunak to try to rescue his party from oblivion.

What a silly mistake.  Camoron showed his true colours when he ran away after finding that he lost the Brexit vote.

It's inevitable that the Tories will lose the next election, because they can't hide the fact that at least half of their government are Liberal invaders.

Diasi

Quote from: JBR on March 11, 2024, 11:49:02 AMAnother great benefit if Anderson's defection could be to make the ditherers among us, who delight in assuring us that Reform can never form a government, might now think again and hopefully realise that Reform is probably our only chance of restoring the country to what it once was, wen ah wer a lad!
The other side of the coin is that Reform could be banished to the backwater if Lee Anderson isn't re-elected & they don't get any other MPs.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

I saw a YouTube video by the amusing gobby lady with the big glasses who likes to be about 6 inches from the camera who got posted here before. She was clearly a Kipper back in the day and made an interesting point which I will paraphrase....

Farage binned a lot of people from UKIP who expressed views similiar to Lee Anderson back in the day to make UKIP impervious to being called racist and right wing in order to become The Brexit Party and stand a chance of success. It worked. IMO this just shows how times have changed.

Farage has a monster ego and puts up with Tice as he poses no threat to Farage. Lee Anderson is a different kettle of fish as he is certainly on a par with Fararge in his appeal to the same group (me being one of that group). She predicts a stormy ride for Reform ahead. Her phrase being Too many cocks in the hen house. (good job I'm not posting this in the other place)

I was watching on TV and don't recall the ladies name so finding the video would take me a while which I can't afford right now. I'd appreciate somebody who can find it quickly posting it as I thought it interesting.

dextrous63

JBR

Quote from: Diasi on March 14, 2024, 07:53:04 AMThe other side of the coin is that Reform could be banished to the backwater if Lee Anderson isn't re-elected & they don't get any other MPs.
Perhaps.

They are our only hope, so if the voters 'banish Reform to the backwaters', then they will effectively have banished the country to the third world!

We get what we deserve.