Who ya gonna vote?

Started by klondike, February 10, 2024, 09:42:42 AM

« previous - next »

JBR

Quote from: klondike on February 10, 2024, 05:32:24 PMWell whatever happens we can be sure that it won't benefit the Tories and there is a very good chance that it will benefit Labour.
In a way, I think it's only fair that Labour should have a go at messing up the country.
After all, the other 'main party' has done their best in that respect, so fair dos!
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

klondike

They'll need to really try to make a bigger balls up of everything than the incumbents have achieved but I firmly believe that they are up to it.

There would be problems if by some miracle Reform did become the government. The lizards that really rule the country would be crapping themselves that the party was finally over that they would do their level best to tank the pound and probably succeed. They did post Truss.

Meanwhile our illustrious leader is fully prepared  for the election

Alex

I'm convinced we'll have a Labour Government next.   My voting for Reform will make little difference to the outcome, but if enough of us have the courage to vote for a change, perhaps we'll get that change. 

No way Reform could form a Government but a couple of backbenchers would be a start !   :smiley:   This Thursday's by election in Wellingborough will be interesting, Labour are tipped to take the seat with Reform not doing as well there as they are in national polls,  but hey when are polls 100%   ?

klondike

Quite often in fact. It makes quite big news when they are well out. Sort of man bites dog story then.

I'd love to see them do well in Wellingborough just as I was hoping for a good result in Peterborough another nearby town a while back (maybe that was the Brexit party but same thing really). They didn't.

I think English voters refuse to look beyond the big two and mostly vote for one to keep the other out. In Wales and Scotland it's only keep the Tories out. I'm sure most LibDem votes are acquired as keep the other lot out votes and occasionally that does result in a win but they usually get far more coverage than any minor party. Especially one the lefty media hate.

Alex

" Quite often in fact. "  really, 100% ? well I never knew that  :cool:

JBR

Quote from: klondike on February 11, 2024, 11:54:13 AMI think English voters refuse to look beyond the big two and mostly vote for one to keep the other out. In Wales and Scotland it's only keep the Tories out. I'm sure most LibDem votes are acquired as keep the other lot out votes and occasionally that does result in a win but they usually get far more coverage than any minor party. Especially one the lefty media hate.
Exactly why we are in the state we are now, and sadly will continue in a similar direction for a long time yet.
I can only do what my conscience tells me.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

klondike

Quote from: Alex on February 11, 2024, 12:05:26 PM" Quite often in fact. "  really, 100% ? well I never knew that  :cool:
Quite often is not 100%. 

They are probably never 100% correct but if they say a party will get 10% or less I think the chance of them winning is around 0%. 

Probably the bookies get things closer than polls - after all it's their cash on the line.

https://www.oddschecker.com/politics/british-politics/wellingborough-by-election/winner

Most Popular Bets
Labour (1/12)
Reform UK (12/1)
Conservatives (16/1)
Liberal Democrats (250/1)
Andre Pyne-Bailey (I... (1000/ 1)

Good to see they are topping the Tories.
Even better to see

Ashy

I think it will be a bit closer than many people think. Because the opposition is divided these days, I can see the conservatives being the largest party, without a majority. Thank goodness we got rid of the fixed term parliament because they won't limp on like that for very long.

I hope Reform will get some MPs but that really is wishful thinking.

dextrous63

If Netanyahu gets tired of being so faultlessly perfect where he is and wants to stand for election over here, he'll get my vote. 

Scrumpy

I have decided.. 
I WILL vote Reform..
I certainly do not like the way Conservatives have been running the country..
I certainly will not like the way Labour will run the country , so either way , I am bolloxed ..
 So, I have nothing to lose.. 
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

Quote from: Scrumpy on February 13, 2024, 05:24:54 PMI have decided..
I WILL vote Reform..
either way , I am bolloxed ..
 So, I have nothing to lose..
:upvote: :upvote: :upvote:

Spot on. TBH it doesn't matter a rat's fart what any of us do as individuals don't alter national results but we can get a nice warm glow knowing that we aren't to blame for the inevitible balls up whichever of the big two wins.

dextrous63

klondike

Of course we could still say it wasn't our fault if we just didn't vote at all. TBH I rarely bother in local elections but I've never missed voting in a general election and doubt I ever will.