The wind power delusion

Started by klondike, December 02, 2022, 04:55:57 PM

« previous - next »

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Cassandra

Anything that Boris Johnson promotes "make the UK the Saudi Arabia of wind" is bound to be redolent of falsehood and schematic lying, cos thats all he does ...
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

JBR

Relying on wind turbines to produce our electricity is a nonsense.
They could cover the entire country in windmills in the hope of producing ever more electricity even in excess of our total needs.  However, if the wind isn't blowing that potential electricity production would be lost for the simple reason that we can't store electricity, at least in meaningful amounts.

In my opinion, the only long-term solution is either to build many more nuclear power stations (possibly SMRs for the simple reason that we apparently no longer know how to build traditional full-sized ones), or forget our nonsensical 'green' incentives and begin using coal, gas, or oil again, all of which we have in abundance under our feet.

The latter option is perfectly viable and could have been begun years ago but for Greta the Goblin and her idiotic followers, not to mention our naive politicians who have been stupid enough to fall for it.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

klondike

Perhaps we should fit them up with treadmills and make the illegals earn their keep?

Cassandra

If that became rule over here I'd have everything on 24/7 ...

Diasi

Quote from: Ashy on January 15, 2023, 04:03:54 PMTonight the wind is dropping and the air's getting cold. I do hope they've paid the gas bill. I've heard we're going to ship Russian gas in from India now.
Why on earth would we ship Russian gas from India who bought gas during the time every other country was boycotting it?

Oh, hang on, I forgot, our PM's an ethnic Indian.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Cassandra

Yes and there's plenty of Tory Ministers who are experienced tracker's up the back passage as well of course!  Suits everyone and particularly those whose heads can turn through 180 degrees.

No doubt 'factored' by 'Tonto's father in law to get his relative and 'psycho' through the wall next door off the 'Cap' they're wanting to dump first chance, by getting cheaper gas and diesel fuel!

VoltĀ“e face or what - pathetic. Of course the Wokes and the BBC will see it off from their ideological pulpits of virtue anyway and we don't want to upset Mr 'squeaky' clean Zelenskyy either of course - oh dear no!

Diasi

Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Cassandra

Quote from: Diasi on January 16, 2023, 10:22:25 PMSo can we expect energy prices not to increase in April?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2023/01/16/ftse-100-markets-live-news-energy-house-prices-uk-debt/

Not a chance, through the roof I expect, especially if the wind don't blow over there?

klondike

I see that now it is cold again and the wind is falling... 

Demand is up 
Gas is providing close to 50% (something they always shout about if the wind manages it) 
They have fired up the coal power stations again.

There was a wind fanatic on last nights's Farage. He struck me as being a bug eyed loon but I guess I'm biased. I reckon there will be a roaring trade in new gas boilers in 7 years time - remember to book yours early.

Ashy

Quote from: Diasi on January 16, 2023, 07:54:44 PMWhy on earth would we ship Russian gas from India who bought gas during the time every other country was boycotting it?

Oh, hang on, I forgot, our PM's an ethnic Indian.
It's the equivalent of money laundering. Might even be money laundering. We can honestly say that we did not buy gas from Russia. Not that I care very much where it came from, it came out of a gas pipe as far as I am concerned.

JBR

Quote from: klondike on January 17, 2023, 09:49:37 AMI see that now it is cold again and the wind is falling...

Demand is up
Gas is providing close to 50% (something they always shout about if the wind manages it)
They have fired up the coal power stations again.

There was a wind fanatic on last nights's Farage. He struck me as being a bug eyed loon but I guess I'm biased. I reckon there will be a roaring trade in new gas boilers in 7 years time - remember to book yours early.
Good.
A shame that they only manage to do this when things become desperate.
Why don't we use coal regularly, just as they do in Germany.  Strange how German coal-fired power stations don't seem to be damaging our atmosphere.
Oh yes.  The Chinese ones don't seem to be making much of an effect here either.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Cassandra

Its nothing to do with saving the planet. The globalists want control by fear and ration to satiate their need for power, which they will get as only a small percentage of the world population perceive the threat. Covid was a trial, an exercise in fright and it's still working for them. Glad I'm sitting nearer the exit than when I came in!