torch batteries and candles any one,?

Started by alfred, August 09, 2022, 05:52:53 PM

« previous - next »

alfred

With recent  announcements that dual fuel prices will amount to £4200 from January 2023, could  people buy more candles or batteries to combat power cuts ,

Q; do you think candles and torch batteries will grow in sales, as the general public find a temporary gap to compensate for the loss of electric power cuts .

Ashy

klondike

Led lighting costs next to nothing to run. The cheapest candles are likely to be about 50p each and would last maybe 8 hours of poor quality light. A 10w LED bulb is fairly bright and would run 100 hours on 1 kwH costing well less than 50p. Batteries are little better and maybe worse than candles. 

A rechargeable torch would be a reasonable investment in case the so far denied power cuts happen. Easiest, especially if it is cold and there is a power cut, is to go to bed.

Ashy

We could go out running, I'm told it's nice in the early hours of the morning.

Alex

Ashy

Yes, get it over with before the delivery men come.

klondike

What an excellent idea. I'm surprised nobody has set up such an early morning running club.

klondike

It seems that having a rechargeable torch or lantern may be a very good idea given there is now speculation that there will be planned power outages in January.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1652868/UK-power-cut-warning-blackouts-january-emergency-plan-fuel-shortfall-outages-latest

Michael Rolls

if you have a rechargeable torch or whatever - make sure you keep it charged!
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Ashy

Quote from: klondike on August 09, 2022, 08:37:42 PMWhat an excellent idea. I'm surprised nobody has set up such an early morning running club.
What a brilliant idea, to make it a club, I had never thought of that. Now we need a catchy name to attract the punters.

What about "Early morning movement and keep warm club"?