Booster, booster !

Started by Flying Bomb, December 22, 2021, 10:42:35 AM

« previous - next »

Sheila

I'm pretty sure the booster protected us at Christmas when we both hugged our granddaughter who tested positive early next morning.  I will take any booster offered.

Akbuk

I would think science is going hell for leather to bring something to the marketplace that doesn't include queuing for an injection.
In the meantime, I'll take what's on offer every time & be grateful to those dishing it out.
Could be worse, at least it's roll your sleeve up.....it could've been "drop em" lol

Raven

Yes I think we may be getting double jagged from now on, Flu in one arm Covid in the other. If that's what it takes then fair enough. I may as well have two sore arms as one.

[automatically pruned due to age]

crabbyob

for goodness sake Akbuk dont put stuff like that into Boris's head, its winter tha knows.. :moon:

Wandering Walter

I agree completely with your last paragraph, I suspect that like the annual flu jab they will do the same with the Virus for those of a certain age or are vulnerable, or is the tablets that are being tested a simple tablet.

klondike

They'll be more concerned about it being a cheap tablet. Brand new. Big pharma. No effective alternative yet. Take a guess on whether it will be cheap or be not.  :worried:

Scrumpy

We are lucky that we live in a country that can afford these vaccines..
I will certainly be having anything on offer..
But NOT Flu Jab and Covid together... It didn't suit me..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

The third world needs vaccinating. Mutations occur during infections and there is bound to be one eventually which completely evades the vaccines. That bloke Darwin could explain it....

Akbuk

Quote from: klondike on December 29, 2021, 01:39:44 PM
They'll be more concerned about it being a cheap tablet. Brand new. Big pharma. No effective alternative yet. Take a guess on whether it will be cheap or be not.  :worried:

I'm believing more and more now that this Covid will be with future populations from cradle to grave.
Boris like other leaders are well and truly shafted on what, when to act.
Even now the UK seems to be taking its own path on restrictions. Hit and hope.

klondike

I'm sure it will.

The natuaral tendency is for a virus to mutate toward higher transmissability and lower impact on the host. That's the way you get most virus for pretty obvious reasons and what Charles Darwin's theory of 1859 says should happen.

I'm hoping that Omicron is a big step in that direction. Once it becomes endemic and no more dangerous than flu that's the time for the Sage committee to pack their bags. I would hope over time there will be changes made to the vaccines that make them have less adverse affects such as fatal blood clots and last longer than the current apparent 4 months tops. Then we can just have annual jabs as we do for flu and life can get back to normal.

zoony

Very much agree with the logic of that. A sensible adjustment to the reality rather than a new and usually expensive knee-jerk.

Wandering Walter

Quote from: klondike on December 29, 2021, 01:39:44 PM

If it is any good or not remains to be seen, if prescription only free to me and thee

Akbuk

Quote from: Wandering Walter on December 29, 2021, 06:20:51 PM
If it is any good or not remains to be seen, if prescription only free to me and thee

I only ever take a tablet as a real last resort. I can probably count on one hand how many times I've taken one in my adult life.
My wife on the other hand suffers with migraine, even self injects sometimes, tablets for her are always on hand.