fish portions getting smaller,

Started by alfred, December 27, 2021, 07:31:31 PM

« previous - next »

alfred

Thanks to the dispute between France and the u.k  unless some agreement gets sorted and soon the only fish we are likely to get is fish fingers,

Q; what are your thoughts, regarding fish in general.

Alex

I buy Harry Ramsdens fish from Iceland Alfred.  It's 2 large cod fillets in a box and they're really very good.    I'm not really a fish fan though, so if fish became scarce it wouldn't really bother me too much.,

klondike

I do like fish shop fare occasionally. What used to be a traditional cheap meal on Fridays isn't overly cheap these days. To my mind the chip portions are way too big and one serving can easily cater for two. I'm partial to plaice but it has to be ordered and involves a wait in most chippies that I've come across.

Michael Rolls

Haven't bought f&c from a shop in over 20 years, but frequently have them, courtesy of Tesco, so chip portion is under my control (usually over much!)
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

I don't think you can beat chip shop chips. Best eaten sat on the prom at the seaside from a box or tray these days, paper before that and yesterday's Mirror earlier still.

Scrumpy

I only eat fish and chips at the coast.. They lose something when put on a plate or eaten on a bench in the town centre..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Raven

We often have a Fish Supper for a late dinner, but in the light evenings. We both walk Dageus and head to the Chippie afterwards. We have two great ones, one in the village and a choice of several in Thurso but we always go to the same one at the Riverside.

Wandering Walter

Quote from: alfred on December 27, 2021, 07:31:31 PM
Thanks to the dispute between France and the u.k  unless some agreement gets sorted and soon the only fish we are likely to get is fish fingers,

Q; what are your thoughts, regarding fish in general.

I like to eat fish but it is getting more expensive due to lower stocks, 

Raven

If we fish in French Waters and they fish in ours, why can't we just each fish in our own? End of problem.   :fishing:  [1150]

Michael Rolls

Too logical - and the French want one-way traffic
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Wandering Walter

That is not unexpected they have over fished their own waters

Scrumpy

I think English cod taste better then French cod..  :grin: :grin:

Wandering Walter

:smiley:

I prefer Haddock with chips not Cod , time we tried and ate different species of fish more plentiful and some taste much better Gurnard are cheaper and better than Cod, trouble is for years many just stick with Cod and never been adventurous with other fish the stocks of Cod were decimated for that reason   

klondike

For choice I have plaice but that is usually a special and you have to wait while it's cooked. At least you know it wasn't one warmed up from the previous session though.

Scrumpy

I would rather and have my food cooked to order than anything that has been left around to dry up... I would gladly wait..