Boris - No Confidence Vote Tonight

Started by Jacqueline, June 06, 2022, 10:09:14 AM

« previous - next »

klondike

There will be a bunch scared that their cushy job will be lost if he goes.
There will be a bunch scared that their cushy job will be lost if he doesn't go.
There will be a bunch wondering if they will be able to keep their cabinet job under a different leader.
There will be a bunch wondering if they might get a better job under a different leader.
There will be a bunch wondering if they might get the top job when he goes.

There may even be a bunch wondering what best to do for the country and their party but I doubt it.

Raven

Quote from: Michael Rolls on June 08, 2022, 08:03:12 PMOf course - but we are all part of the UK. Scotland isn't England, just as it isn't Wales nor Northern Ireland. We are a union
Mike

In name only, these days we are anything but united. Both pulling hard in opposite directions.

Cassandra

Quote from: Michael Rolls on June 08, 2022, 05:54:30 PMBut I would be stuck in a foreign country!
Mike

Yes but with oil at $120 a barrel, all Krankies dreams come true?
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Michael Rolls

But that would spoil her green credentials
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Cassandra

Never thought of that but as she's never wrong on anything ever, I expect there's a way through. One thing what a shame that we'd be deprived of the skills of Ian Blackford. I'd really miss his impish addresses, delivered with a satirical sarcasm which make Starmer look like a clotheshorse by comparison!

Raven

But Cass, Ian Blackford is from the Hebridan Islands like myself. We are excellent at satirical sarcasm, it's part of our make up.  :clap:

Alex

That man is so irritating, it's no wonder the house empties when he gets to his feet in PMQs.

klondike

That's his job. Annoy enough English MPs and they might allow another once in a lifetime referendum.

Raven

Quote from: Alex on June 10, 2022, 11:44:05 AMThat man is so irritating, it's no wonder the house empties when he gets to his feet in PMQs.

:rofl:  :rofl:  :1020:

Cassandra

Quote from: Raven on June 09, 2022, 08:55:34 PMBut Cass, Ian Blackford is from the Hebridan Islands like myself. We are excellent at satirical sarcasm, it's part of our make up.  :clap:

Well done Hebridans! From my background I appreciate wit, intellect and an ability to irritate one's opponents. Always with a twinkle in the eye, Mr Blackford ticks all the boxes and does his job very well.