Good Morning, Whatcha Up To The Day?

Started by Raven, December 15, 2021, 12:33:18 PM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

All the very best for you both GrannyMac..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

GrannyMac

Thanks all, he's OK with it, he has no bad symptoms, we'll take it as it comes.  
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Alex

Sorry to hear this news GM, I hope your hubby doesn't have to wait too long for treatment.

Michael Rolls

sorry to hear your news, granny. Fingers firmly crossed
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Scrumpy

It is going to be a scorcher today.. Out for a coffee.. in the shade.. 
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

The place my son got the dodgy boat from is going to pick it up and take it back to their yard for repairs today. If it wasn't going to be so hot I'd pack myself some sandwiches and coffee and go to watch the fun.

We didn't attempt to use the slipway there as it is designed for long boats. That means it has to be long shallow slope. I reckon the vehicle with the trailer will be in the water well over the sills before the boat can get onto it. There is no jetty for somebody to walk on and help the process.

Plus, unless they fix it first the boat has no reverse or neutral - as soon as the engine starts it's going. Add to that it cuts out for no obvious reason and won't restart and the slipway is over a quarter mile from where the boat is moored. Plenty of opportunity for somebody to be cast adrift in the marina.

Now should I dig out the suntan oil and a parasol? It's very tempting.

Michael Rolls

today I will flake out in front of the fan!
[email protected]

Diasi

Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Alex

Klondy dig our yet brolly but forget the coffee it's too hot.

Pack the flask with ice cubes and fruit & barley instead  :upvote:

Sheila

All the best to you both GrannyMac x

klondike

Quote from: Alex on June 14, 2023, 09:33:06 AMKlondy dig our yet brolly but forget the coffee it's too hot.
Pack the flask with ice cubes and fruit & barley instead  :upvote:
If I knew for sure when they'd get there I really may have but I don't. They were warned but being professionals doubtless think it will be a doddle.

We did launch a small boat from that slipway which would have had a far smaller draught and the pickup floor got a wash just doing that. Getting a big boat onto the trailer with no jetty will not be quick and the water could well be half up the doors. They could maybe winch the trailer down I suppose. Whatever they do won't be easy.

Diasi

I'm waiting for a couple of deliveries, one is some testing equipment accessories & the other is a set of smart smoke detectors.

And we've just got 5G activated by O2, but we're still waiting for FTTP although our area's Exchange is now showing on the Openreach next tranche list.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

Full fibre is great. No more crappy line issues with that. 

I got mine just over a couple of years back 500/500 CityFibre resold by Vodafone. It went up at the end of fixed contract (in addition to the mid contract heist trick they are all pulling now) and they wouldn't even match new customer pricing so I switched. 

To my amazement BT turned out to be best right then by virtue of a promo plus very generous cashback. Slight downside being it's no longer 500/500 but 500/72 but as I now use the server I run Letschat from rather that the Pi4 from home I don't need the fast upstream. If it comes to that I don't need the 500 down either but the price difference isn't huge and it really does fly.

Michael Rolls

500? Gawd! I thought my 20 was fast - and it is compared to a few years ago when it was between 1 and 2!
[email protected]

Jacqueline

Quote from: GrannyMac on June 13, 2023, 01:12:44 PMWe've been to the hospital to get the results of OH's biopsy.  Definitely prostate cancer, no great surprise, but not as aggressive as some.  Bone scan next week, then he can decide on what treatment (if any) he'll go with. 
Sorry to hear about your husband GM.  If it's of any comfort, my friend's husband had a very late diagnosis aggressive prostate cancer about five years ago, he is still doing OK and now given new drugs.  Another friend has been going on for years with it.  So hopefully your husband will get the right treatment and have many more years ahead of him.  Best of luck to you  both.