Back to the stone age?

Started by klondike, February 23, 2023, 07:12:10 AM

« previous - next »

klondike

WWII-Style Rationing of Meat, Clothing, and Energy Needed to Fight Climate Change, Say UK Academics

Governments should re-introduce rationing schemes on goods such as meat, clothing, and fossil feuls in order to mitigate the supposed dangers of climate change, researchers at a top British univiersity have demanded.

Acadamics at the University of Leeds have called for World War II-style government rationing in order to fight climate change, arguing that green agenda taxes are levied in a "slow and inequitable" manner and therefore the policy of rationing has been wrongly "neglected as a climate change mitigation policy option."

The study, which appeared in the Ethics, Policy & Environment journal, said: "Rationing is often seen as unattractive, and therefore not a viable option for policy-makers. It is important to highlight the fact that this was not the case for many of those who had experienced rationing. It is important to emphasise the difference between rationing itself and the scarcity that rationing was a response to. Of course, people did welcome the end of rationing, but they were really celebrating the end of scarcity, and celebrating the fact that rationing was no longer necessary."

The researchers went on to explain that governments could specifically ration "selected goods, such as flights, petrol, household energy, or even meat or clothing" and that limits could be placed on the amount of petrol an individual can use per month and the number of flights per year.

Full story: https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2023/02/22/wwii-style-rationing-of-meat-clothing-and-energy-needed-to-fight-climate-change-say-uk-academics/

I guess they'll all be off in their private jets somewhere to discuss just how to get the plebs to accept this. Net Zero. Settled Science or a way to control us? I initially though that it all made sense but I am very far from convinced of the truth now. There were articles in the papers recently about lots of Norfolk being underwater by 2050. The basis for that? A 6 inch rise since 1900. Plus of course coastal erosion which has been a constant since well before industrialisation.

https://www.express.co.uk/travel/articles/1736742/british-seaside-towns-underwater-coastal-erosion

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Diasi

Many parts of Norfolk that could disappear under water have always meant to be under water.

They are only currently not under water because the land was artificially drained by man-made drainage schemes.

The coastal areas that could disappear have been doing so due to tidal erosion which has always happened naturally.

Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Scrumpy

Rationing !!!  Does NOT apply to those with money.. Even wartime those with money were able to get hold of  'Stuff'..
Money wins every time.
Rationing will not work.. Only in wartime..
People go potty if there is a shortage..  They would riot.. We are not a suppressed nation..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Jacqueline

During WW11,  While everyone else had rationing, the rich were going out to restaurants to eat, they still had servants, how that was rated as war work is anybodies guess.

Those at the top with money will not suffer one bit, they will have their cars while we are forced to walk or get on a few overcrowded buses, they will be warm why we sit and shiver with our allotted carbon footprint of heating each day, we will eat insects and a vegan diet while they enjoy the fat of the land.  This is what is coming for us, and unless there is some sort of people's revolution it is getting closer and closer each day.

Alex

Thank goodness we won't be here to see it, but I fear for my grandson's future I really do.