Appalling!

Started by Michael Rolls, February 19, 2023, 04:13:16 AM

« previous - next »

Michael Rolls

I have never had much time for the England and Wales Cricket Board, regarding them as a band of vultures much more interested in money than the future of the game. What I hadn't realised until yesterday was that their attitude to gender identification makes Nicola Sturgeon's failed Bill look positively Puritanical.
As far as the ECB are concerned, self-identification is all that is required for a trans to play in any female team – and a case has come to light in one of the junior leagues where a middle aged 'biological male' is competing against young girls, some as young as 12. Apparently, several of the Counties have demanded that the ECB looks into the whole question.
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Sheila

Disgraceful.  These perverts seem to have more rights than innocent young girls. 

Scrumpy

Big (Boys) playing against little girls.. !!
The idiots are running the asylum.. Never a truer word..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Jacqueline

Until people are unafraid to call a spade a spade and address these blokes as men not women we don't stand a chance.  If I were a parent of a 12 year old girl and saw "him" playing cricket against my daughter there would be hell to pay, what's wrong with the parents?  Mind you these days you can loose your job for saying such things, maybe that is the reason.

I just want to opt out of this crazy world and live all alone somewhere before all this rubbish send me over the edge.

Michael Rolls

I was so appalled at that example that I looked up the ECB's official policy on trans people. They make interesting reading – the relevant elements from a two page document
>>that it will ensure the provision of an open and inclusive environment for all trans people to be able to play cricket in the way in which they feel most comfortable<<
>>in the event that the behaviour and/or actions of any ECB employee or Club are considered to be inappropriate and/or offensive towards any trans person, the ECB will investigate that matter and, where appropriate, discipline (or procure that the relevant Club) disciplines the relevant individual under the applicable disciplinary policies or other regulations; and 6.6 that it will promote to all other cricket organisations operating under the jurisdiction of the ECB and otherwise that they ensure that trans people are treated with dignity, fairness and respect and aim to provide an open and inclusive environment for all trans people to be able to play cricket in the way in which they feel most comfortable. Scope and Definitions 7. This Policy uses the definitions in the ECB Safeguarding Procedure <<

So far so not very acceptable – but what really threw me was :-

>>a transgender man may compete in any open competition, league or match and should be accepted in the gender in which they present, but may not compete in any female only competition, league or match;<<

Which is clearly being ignored, at least in example I discovered, and given the concern being expressed by some of the counties  probably elsewhere.
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

Let's hope that Sturgeons demise will give people the courage to stop this crap. The problem is that the young have likely been indoctrinated with all this lefty woke  claptrap at school and university and  think this is all fine and dandy.

GrannyMac

I wonder if the move by some to accept obvious males as female because they 'choose' to be, has a bearing on the murder of Brianna Ghey? When I first saw her photo in the press, I never doubted she was a girl.  Poor child.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

klondike

I think they must have ruled that out as they used the magic code "not a hate crime".

GrannyMac

It's now been reported that it is being considered as a possible hate crime. It has also been reported that it was a targeted attack, following years of bullying. 
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Scrumpy

My heart went out to Brianna Ghey..  Poor love.. Bullies, ugly bullies..
 She wasn't a threat to anyone.. 
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Cassandra

Quote from: klondike on February 19, 2023, 11:48:06 AMLet's hope that Sturgeons demise will give people the courage to stop this crap. The problem is that the young have likely been indoctrinated with all this lefty woke  claptrap at school and university and  think this is all fine and dandy.

I agree perhaps Scotland and Wales demonstrate what happens to unfettered learning under the yoke of devolvement. Scotland, once the envy of the world for educational excellence and richly deserved. Today nothing but a system shanghied by Nationalist woke garbage, selfishly skewed by an dysfunctional National leader.
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...