A serious question

Started by JBR, Yesterday at 08:55:35 PM

« previous - next »

JBR

In using Facebook, I have encountered a problem and asked for assistance at the site: 
"Contact Facebook Support team and help center" (yes, an American spelling).

I received a nice response from a person called John Hack, who describes himself as 'Admin', advising me to "Feel free to message the group admin they are here to support users who got their account disabled or hacked, message us now for help!"  
Clearly a bit of a prat, pratting about!  

However, I do have a problem with Facebook which I'd like to resolve, but I can find no means of contacting anyone who can advise.  Clearly, this site which I tried to use is not a genuine means of contacting the people who could properly advise me.

Does anyone know of the best place to seek advice, as I can see no obvious means of reporting a fault?

A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

klondike

I don't use Facebook but I can say with confidence that to get an answer to just about anything Google is your friend. 

Of course getting a solution might be a bit trickier  :grin:

JBR

Quote from: klondike on Yesterday at 10:05:16 PMI don't use Facebook but I can say with confidence that to get an answer to just about anything Google is your friend.

Of course getting a solution might be a bit trickier  :grin:
Thanks anyway.
If I open Facebook in Chrome, the notifications come up properly, so it might be a problem with Edge.

klondike

I think allowing or blocking notifications would be done at the browser level. 

Here are some instructions for Edge

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/microsoft-edge/manage-website-notifications-in-microsoft-edge-0c555609-5bf2-479d-a59d-fb30a0b80b2b

JBR

Quote from: klondike on Yesterday at 10:44:08 PMI think allowing or blocking notifications would be done at the browser level.

Here are some instructions for Edge

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/microsoft-edge/manage-website-notifications-in-microsoft-edge-0c555609-5bf2-479d-a59d-fb30a0b80b2b
Thank you for this.  There is a lot of helpful information here, and I have tried everything suggested without success.  I'm afraid that Notifications in Facebook, and other sections of the site, are still lacking the details which I used to receive.  Thanks anyway for persevering and sending details of this helpful site.

However, for some reason, Facebook notifications still works properly using Chrome, which I shall begin to use as an alternative.  

Alex

I use Edge JB and don't have any problems on Facebook, except when I use it on my tablet I can't see a place to log out, same with my phone.  Are you talking about the notifications we get in top right hand corner next to your account icon ?

JBR

Quote from: Alex on Today at 01:56:56 PMI use Edge JB and don't have any problems on Facebook, except when I use it on my tablet I can't see a place to log out, same with my phone.  Are you talking about the notifications we get in top right hand corner next to your account icon ?
Yes, exactly that.  It now just shows a list of times posted, but with no details of who or what!
Chrome works, thankfully, so I'll just use it alternately with Edge.  No problem.