Reacher

Started by Michael Rolls, February 04, 2022, 09:25:12 PM

« previous - next »

klondike

I can't decide whether or not to watch either. I finished the last Bosh last night, got caught out as it was only 8 epsisodes not 10. Probably give the first episode of the newest a go. I'm falling behind. There are 5 here recommending stuff, I don't watch a great deal  and can only cope with one at a time. (So many Phil opportunities and he is missing  :worried:)

Alex

Quote from: zoony on February 04, 2022, 11:35:46 PM
Reacher.. So disappointing.."We don't have handcuffs big enough.." ffs.. He's not that big! Appalling script.. He's not arrested but finds himself in county jail fighting for his life.. It's AWFUL!

I'm glad you said this Zoony, I watched first episode last night - utter tripe !  The man is cardboard, only has one or two expressions, not many tones to his voice AND he's odd looking.  I won't be watching anymore  :grin:

klondike

Sorted then. It'll be the shortarse version  :grin:

Alex

At least the shortarse could act  :cool: kind of.......

klondike

.. and balance on a box quite well  :smiley:

Michael Rolls

Quote from: crabbyob on February 05, 2022, 01:01:12 PM
but in the movie-book theme, if we used mikes criteria then James Bond would have ceased when big Tam decided to stop...
i enjoyed  wee Tam as Reacher
Actually, stopping after Connery wouldn't have been all that bad an idea. None of the subsequent 007s are in the same class, and as for Roger Moore!
Cruise simply wasn't Reacher. If they had called the films something else they could have stood on their own feet - no problem, but Cruise as Reacher - might as well have cast Larry Grayson as Don Corleone
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Michael Rolls

Cruise is a decent actor - no argument there. Have those of you criticising Richson read the books? Reacher is not an open-hearted emotive man. He is a brooding presence, able to turn from passivity to violence at the blink of an eye. Richson makes a reasonable attempt at that, although he doesn't project the aura of 'don't mess with me' that is an essential element of Reacher's character even at a distance, never mind close up. Richson's Reacher needs more of a switch being thrown that the book version. To call his portrayal wooden is, I think, unfair. Reacher is a reactor - he doesn't cause trouble - it finds him. He doesn't go in for long winded speeches.
Still, as I said earlier - each to their own.
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Diasi

Quote from: klondike on February 05, 2022, 10:10:05 AM
As the easiest way to use the Emporium is to install uTorrent I just put together a brief use of MagnetDl then tried a uTorrent install to continue. Windows 11 point blank refuses to install it.

I know Windows 11S version refuses to install non-Windows software but I didn't realise that Windows 11 refused as well.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

zoony

Hey.. Then it shall remain our secret.. :shh:

klondike

MS treats it as malware. Turning off defender or maybe setting it as no threat would let it be installed I don't doubt. I don't need it and I can't see anybody here messing with their security settings to install it. There are alternate torrent clients but I'm not going to put up a tutorial using software unknown to me.

I let a website run torrents for me but that involves a modest sub. I'm not sure folks here would want to make payments to dubious sites either. I'll look to see if you can get anything for free from them. It will be painfully slow if you can though I expect.

Probably running a torrent client on Linux wouldn't produce scary warnings but it's beyond a simple tutorial then. I think it's a case of knowing your audience.

===
Nothing unless you pay a sub so I won't be producing any tutorial because nobody will want it.

zoony

I actually use QBitorrent which doesn't appear to have such problem sand is simple to use.. That is if I understood you correctly but that's not a given..https://sourceforge.net/projects/qbittorrent/

klondike

That's why I asked if you used uTorrent as that has had problems with windows for a while.
Quote from: klondike on February 04, 2022, 09:48:48 PM
I think stuff needs spelling out. I'll put one up on how to use magnetdl and torlook as backup. I don't run the torrents myself but I think you use utorrent?
I'll install that one and see if anything bitches. If it doesn't I'll carry on with making a basic tutorial. I don't see why pensioners should be further enriching those who are already very rich if they don't need to. The sods will only use more private jets anyway.

zoony

Quote from: klondike on February 05, 2022, 08:42:08 PM
That's why I asked if you used uTorrent as that has had problems with windows for a while. I'll install that one and see if anything bitches. If it doesn't I'll carry on with making a basic tutorial. I don't see why pensioners should be further enriching those who are already very rich if they don't need to. The sods will only use more private jets anyway.

No intent to mislead mate.. I don't speak the language as fluently as you do and it takes me all my time to understand a lot of it.. :smiley:

klondike

I've put up a basic guide. Will add to it.  If you comment here on leaving the thing seeding after and speed limit settings or anything else I'll amend it. Won't be til late tomorrow though as I'll be out freezing my nuts off while the local pike snigger .

zoony

Good luck! :grin:   I thought your precis of use was excellent though I admit to using a slightly less complicated rout. For example. I left click on the magnet symbol rather than right. It seems to take it directly to the download site where it shows the progress and gives the eta.. I access that by going to the little 'customize' site in the lower corner of my screen as a pop-up. No idea whether I'm using the right terminology.. But that's just the way I learned it..