Chips

Started by Michael Rolls, February 18, 2022, 07:19:47 AM

« previous - next »

Michael Rolls

No, not those that go with fish, but the electronic chips which are a vital part of new cars. The shortage of them over the last year or so has seen the sale of new cars decline, not because people don't want them, but because they can't get them. As a result, new car sales in 2020 were the lowest for 65 years. This had a knock on effect on second hand sales - for the first time the average cost of a second-hand car exceeds £20,000 - £20,340, or 29% up on the figure for 12 months ago.
My Mondeo was delivered 8 weeks later than originally expected - and I think that I was probably one of the lucky ones.
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

Like rising house prices though the major beneficiary is those selling them. It's no good thinking wow my car is now worth as much as I paid for it or possibly even more if you want to replace it because the replacement will be even more expensive than it would have been.

Michael Rolls

[email protected]

-Oy-

It's not just cars. I ordered a new camera back in early November. It arrived last week!
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."

Michael Rolls

[email protected]

-Oy-

Quote from: Michael Rolls on February 18, 2022, 09:09:32 AM
where from?
Mike

Ordered from a large photography chain and as a registered Nikon Pro i get priority orders. It's a new model so would always be a slight delay. However I'm hearing that non pros are being told six months!
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."

Michael Rolls

Back in May when I decided to order the Mondeo, there was a chap in the dealer's wantinger a Ford Ranger. He was told he could have the one they had in stock, otherwise it meant waiting until 2022. Don't know what he decided
Mike
[email protected]

Michael Rolls

Oh, and the Mondeo, original delivery expected early July, finalled appeared end of September
Mike
[email protected]

crabbyob

chips with everything again...
now they are talking about a further vaccination for those at risk us]
i think they need to update the chip they stuck into our arms back in the day... :duel: