Farage campaigns for Net Zero referendum

Started by klondike, March 07, 2022, 10:41:58 AM

« previous - next »

klondike

He is right that nobody was asked about or voted on this. I'd support such a referendum for sure.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10581529/Nigel-Farage-campaign-Net-Zero-policy-referendum.html

Nigel Farage's new drive for vote to kill off Boris's 'ruinous' green agenda: He got us out of the EU... Now the former UKIP chief demands a referendum on Net Zero

Nigel Farage is launching movement to campaign for a referendum on Net Zero
Britain Means Business will call for the abandonment of the flagship green policy
Ex Brexit Party leader says 'political class in Westminster' has taken the country down a 'ruinous path'
He established movement with Leave Means Leave's co-founder Richard Tice

The former Brexit Party leader uses an article in today's Mail on Sunday to announce that Britain Means Business – modelled on his successful campaign for a Brexit referendum – will call for the abandonment of the flagship green policy, which experts claim could cost £1.3 trillion.

Mr Farage's intervention comes amid growing disquiet within the Cabinet over the burden the plan will put on an economy already creaking under the strain of the £400 billion Covid crisis and a surge in energy costs exacerbated by the disruption to gas supplies caused by the Russian invasion of Ukraine.

Diasi

Yes, we received an email from Reform UK today about it.

Although it doesn't say anything that a person with half a brain shouldn't have already worked out, it's good to see that someone with brilliant campaigning ability is getting involved.

I see that the Remain losers are still alive & kicking on the article's comment section.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Diasi

Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Alex