police patrols, making the streets safer ??

Started by alfred, February 12, 2022, 04:39:01 PM

« previous - next »

alfred

Once a new commissioner of police has been appointed i wonder if during the clean up that is expected for the police to put its house in order will we eventually see  policeman walking down the streets as they once did a very long time ago.

Q; would you like to see policemen walking the streets as in the past . rather than a speeding police car flying down the road,
what else would or could you add to making our streets safer,

Scrumpy

I haven't seen a policeman on foot for ages..
We used to have a nice guy who used to walk around .. chatting to people.. Nothing much happens here..
The last 'crime' committed was a guy, in broad daylight, casually walking into the Co-op ,picking up a pack of beer and casually walking out again..
No-one gave him chase.. just stood there with mouths wide open..  Tracey told me.
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

crabbyob

i think if they could split the difference, i used to see cops on pushbikes, they can cover ten times the area of one on foot....

Michael Rolls

Haven't seen a policeman on foot in the village - but with a population of about 500 that's not surprising. Never seen one in Blairgowrie, second biggest town in Perthshire, 9,500 or so population. Have seen a couple in Perth - population 43,000 on perhaps three or four occasions - before Veronica died we would be in Perth at least once a week, afterwards I would go in perhaps once a month, not been in since the pandemic started
My belief is that patrolling on feet is s definite deterrent.
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

crabbyob

they tried second class community coppers, while the propper coppers were sat writing reports, or policing the internet, why cant observers look after the internet, and audio typists type our the coppers taped reports? or is that too sensible :?: