the changing names of fashions,

Started by alfred, July 03, 2022, 08:22:57 AM

« previous - next »

alfred

Its amazing just how many women will go to many lengths to show they are in fashion with the latest trends, from the past  and even up to today as it seems  the trend in fashions is very much alive,

for example during the war years when nylons were almost  non existent, women had a straight line drawn down the back of each leg to give the effect of  having or wearing nylons, some women i believe even slightly stained their legs to give it the nylon colour ,
after the war  nylons  sold in their millions ,.

today tattoos are the fashion, and before that split or torn jeans showing gaps and sashes , as people paid a high price to be seen wearing what looked like some one who couldn't afford to buy a good pair of jeans ,even shoes or trainers.

Some film starlets or actresses in the 50s and 60s would have a spot put on their face , a sort of beauty spots , I'm sure you can remember some of them from those times.  before that some ladies would wear a fur fox stole  a realistic looking what appeared to be a fox wrapped around the shoulders of a woman of wealth ,

in the war years turbans and hair nets were the fashion as some ladies would go shopping with rollers in their hair covered by a thin see through head covering,
in later years the track suite became the fashion ,

Q; for those of you who might recall some of those times what else did you see as fashion flowed and ebbed over the years , if so will you share your thoughts with us

Scrumpy

Beauty spots.. !!  Me and my sisters used to practice putting beauty spots on our faces when we were kids.. We thought we looked glamorous..  We would go to the fair on the common with a black crayon beauty spot planted on our face.. After a short while they would smudge..or disappear completely... 
We were beautiful in them days..  :grin: :grin: :grin:
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Michael Rolls

mum and her sisters were in the 'stained legs, black line' brigade during the war
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Alex

I remember the ' Shell Suit' craze, I never did buy one, but some of my friends capitulated   [1110]

Jacqueline

Quote from: Alex on July 03, 2022, 06:23:50 PMI remember the ' Shell Suit' craze, I never did buy one, but some of my friends capitulated  [1110]
They were horrible, crinkly nylon, never had one either.  

Never been a slave to fashion, but I love clothes and if I liked the fashion would wear it, never been sacred to wear something a bit different either.  I love to see youngsters in vintage clothes and I just love the Goths,  we were at Whitby once when they were all there and they looked amazing