Are EVs Becoming Less Popular.

Started by Raven, Today at 08:09:48 AM

« previous - next »

Raven

I've said right from the start I didn't want one. Are more people feeling that way now do you think?

BBC News - Is the move to electric cars running out of power?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-69022771

klondike

Yes the sales growth has fallen a lot.

Early adopters all have them
Nobody will  buy a secondhand EV
Removal of subsidies
Slow build of chargers
High cost of commercial chargers
Inconvenient for long journies
Increasing insurance costs - more so for EVs than ICE
Much dearer than ICE even with massive manufacturer subsidies
Increasing awareness that the "climate crisis" really is a lot of hot air

The planned phase out of ICE cannot happen without some huge changes that are unlikely to happen. Even if it did the grid couldn't cope - the energy density and energy produced by fossil fuels is huge and renewables can't make up the shorfall in the time available (or probably ever) Nuclear is going to be needed for sure as fossil fuels run out.

My son has one for driving to work. That saves him money. He also has a diesel though. Just as well as sometimes the overnight charging fails - it isnt 100% reliable and in the main getting diesel is. When getting diesel may be a problem is known about in advance too because it is usually strikes.

The one my son has is PCP. The car's value now is already well below the residual the PCP provides so he'll just hand it back and the problem will be the finance comany's. Repeat that for most PCP contracts and they will either no longer be offered or at far less favourable terms,

JBR

Absolutely.
Electricity generation will never become completely reliable, regardless of how many more windmills they insist on building.

Quite apart from that, you list several other reasons why EVs will never replace ICEs.

There is also the possibility that the government, or one of their successors, will eventually realise that achieving nett zero is as likely as stopping the Earth rotating.  I believe that one day, hopefully in the not too distant future, the woke politicians will eventually realise their stupid mistakes.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Diasi

Quote from: JBR on Today at 09:39:11 AMThere is also the possibility that the government, or one of their successors, will eventually realise that achieving nett zero is as likely as stopping the Earth rotating.  I believe that one day, hopefully in the not too distant future, the woke politicians will eventually realise their stupid mistakes.
Except that the first rule of thumb in politics is to never admit you've made a mistake.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Cassandra

The callous mob methods of the Globalists apply. The manufacturers are being compelled to produce them solely by 2035, (2030 a la Starmer). By a range of interlinked international legal consequences for NOT resorting to market force demands they have to produce these hideous, substandard creations. The builders face bankruptcy at present so they are fully on board to support green backed lies. Thats how 'TeamWorld' works.

EV's are unsafe, have no established trade in value, except reliably zero, weigh in obesely, have piss-poor range achievement and without monstrous subsidy, very little market penetration in the private sector. An 'expert' on GB news said the other day that sales were up 20%, year on year. How these people (Quentin Wilson is another one) can bend reality in this way, without challenge is yet another example of 'false news'.

Unsold cars are piling up world-wide, compounding the oncoming Economic epoch.

My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...